Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 01:48 PM
yes
there was a dog I saw on the dogs trust page every time I logged on
I went - just too look (yeah right)
But they wouldnt let me take him, said I wasnt experienced enough
They showed me a littre of older collie pups
I went back a couple of days later to look at them again but I kept getting drawn to another litter in the corner. One little dog broke away from the others and started pawing the glass by my leg
I said 'I want that one' and 2 days later Ben came home with me

Then with Mia, I coulndt have another dog, I didnt have enough money for another dog
But her eyes spoke to me, adn I knew she would be dead if I didnt do something quickly

so now I just dont look!!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Yes, I made the statement of "No, no more, never again now, thats it", yet was incredibly depressed due to this! So I was showed something by a friend to "cheer me up and open my mind", then this friend took my for a drive, then Ronnie came home
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I've been drawn to all my dogs. I said I would only ever have 2 and now I have 5!! And they're not small either!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Yes, twice. One was when friend asked me to help rehome two old dogs whose owner had died. The minute I saw that bewildered GSD face I wanted her. We did actually try to rehome her, and my friend who was fostering her couldn`t cope so I took her in. Needless to say no home was good enough and she spent her final year with me.
And then of course there was Razzle. I desperately hoped someone would take him, but one possibility after another fell through... and I couldn`t bear it in the end, and offered to take him. And I`m so glad I did.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I remember looking at the Dogs Trust website a couple of years ago and seeing a GWPx that looked the spitting image of Flynn but black. He was on there for ages and I looked at him daily. It wasnt long after that we decided to get a rescue dog so I immediately went on the website but he'd gone.

But yes, I get drawn to a great many dogs online but have to resist them as my parents would go mental.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 09:07 PM
i do... i dont look at rescue sites anymore coz it breaks my heart... i just cant wait till i can get another dog
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2