View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Finger's crossed she's just suffering with old age syndrome in doggy years and they're just trailing off. I'm sure she would have been puffing and panting a lot more if she had pyo, coz I've had it twice here, you certainly would have known about it. Poor little Mo, such a distinguished old girl doesn't need stuff like this does she.xxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Ok, just seen a super lady vet (I'm sure she's not old enough to be a vet actually )
Mo does not have a temp or any sign of phantom pregnancy, the other thing I was concerned about.
But all signs, ie thirst, off her food etc could point to a closed Pyometrea (?sp)
She has to go into the main surgery tomorrow (9am) for a scan, possibly a blood test and an emergency spey.
This is just what I didn't want to hear
Even with her heart (which apparently is a grade 5 murmour, out of a grade of 1 - 6) there would be no other course of action.
We are in such a state now, I keep reassuring hubby that she will be fine. Now I want Dogsey vibes and reassurances please.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Ok, just seen a super lady vet (I'm sure she's not old enough to be a vet actually )
Mo does not have a temp or any sign of phantom pregnancy, the other thing I was concerned about.
But all signs, ie thirst, off her food etc could point to a closed Pyometrea (?sp)
She has to go into the main surgery tomorrow (9am) for a scan, possibly a blood test and an emergency spey.
This is just what I didn't want to hear
Even with her heart (which apparently is a grade 5 murmour, out of a grade of 1 - 6) there would be no other course of action.
We are in such a state now, I keep reassuring hubby that she will be fine. Now I want Dogsey vibes and reassurances please.
You got everything you need from here. Look, I know it's hard but please try not to worry for now until they've done the scan.

It sounds like she is in the best hands.

Big hugs to you all and please keep us posted. You know where I am if you need a chat/hug etc xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Oh dear! Praying for you and Mo!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Aww hun i'm sorry it wasnt better news but i am sure her ladyship will be fine xxxxxx Will be sending lots of healing vibes her way though xxxxxx

They do cause us such worry, Raina has been in doggy hospital the last couple of days and its worried me sick!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
You got everything you need from here. Look, I know it's hard but please try not to worry for now until they've done the scan.

It sounds like she is in the best hands.

Big hugs to you all and please keep us posted. You know where I am if you need a chat/hug etc xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Em. I know twom people who won't sleep tonight.

Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Oh dear! Praying for you and Mo!
Thanks so much

Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Aww hun i'm sorry it wasnt better news but i am sure her ladyship will be fine xxxxxx Will be sending lots of healing vibes her way though xxxxxx

They do cause us such worry, Raina has been in doggy hospital the last couple of days and its worried me sick!
Oh do you know I'm sure I never worried over my kids as I do her.
Hope Raina is ok now, thanks for all the vibes.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Thanks Em. I know twom people who won't sleep tonight.
I know xxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Hugs to you and your oh Jen, hope all is going to be ok with Mo xxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Oh dear Jen, not what you wanted to hear was it Did she have a good "feel" of her underneath? I only ask coz on both occassions my dogs had pyo the vets always had both their hands underneath them at the rear end, and one wasn't quite sure, so he called in his colleague and he had a feel and confirmed it as pyo. Why does this one need a scan then???? Either it IS pyo and needs sorting or it isn't, and I'm darn sure they can tell that by just examining Mo or even doing bloods. Another thing, if it is pyo they have a raging temperature toboot, so why doesn't Mo have a temperature then??

If this were me, yes, I'd be taking her in in the morning, but I'd be sure to have a 2nd vet look at her before they operated that's for sure! A blood test would tell them surely, let alone a scan? You should know Jen, being a nurse and all that!!!

Let's hope she's a young fresh out of college vet and she's erring on the side of caution and your dear Mo won't have to go through any more than a blood test in the morning, I'll have everything crossed for her, and sending out lots of good vibes and hugs for you.xxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh dear Jen, not what you wanted to hear was it Did she have a good "feel" of her underneath? I only ask coz on both occassions my dogs had pyo the vets always had both their hands underneath them at the rear end, and one wasn't quite sure, so he called in his colleague and he had a feel and confirmed it as pyo. Why does this one need a scan then???? Either it IS pyo and needs sorting or it isn't, and I'm darn sure they can tell that by just examining Mo or even doing bloods. Another thing, if it is pyo they have a raging temperature toboot, so why doesn't Mo have a temperature then??

If this were me, yes, I'd be taking her in in the morning, but I'd be sure to have a 2nd vet look at her before they operated that's for sure! A blood test would tell them surely, let alone a scan? You should know Jen, being a nurse and all that!!!

Let's hope she's a young fresh out of college vet and she's erring on the side of caution and your dear Mo won't have to go through any more than a blood test in the morning, I'll have everything crossed for her, and sending out lots of good vibes and hugs for you.xxxxxx
Yes H she had a jolly good poke of her belly her bits and her nipples. (poor Mo so undignified!)
This could be very early Pyo with pus just forming and not yet causing a temp. The redeemimg factor is no temp though.
The scan is to see if there is pus there. If they don't see pus on the scan then a blood test will be done to confirm that all is well. So yes I guess that she is erring on the side of caution.
The op will only be done if the scan shows pyo. Antibiotics will not cure this condition so if it is positive then there is no other answer.
We can only wait and see now.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »