Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
they do not even prosecute blatant hunting when given evidence by sabs, most chief constables are quite clear about it, they have more important priorities. I always thought hunting with a single dog was legal anyway.
Your only allowed to hunt Rabbits or Rats with dogs, anything else you have to flush out to a gun or bird of prey, and that is up to two dogs that you are allowed to do that with.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-07-2010, 07:02 PM
they do not even prosecute blatant hunting when given evidence by sabs, most chief constables are quite clear about it, they have more important priorities. I always thought hunting with a single dog was legal anyway.
In answer to my own question, you can hunt rats and rabbits with a single or 2 dogs, i do not understand why foxes are exempt from this.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Your only allowed to hunt Rabbits or Rats with dogs, anything else you have to flush out to a gun or bird of prey, and that is up to two dogs that you are allowed to do that with.
Cheers i knew it was something like that.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 07:05 PM
So they do! I totally agree they have more important things to do, but the fact remains, especially if seen, a dog catching a killing a Fox is illegal, more so having the dogs owner admit he allows it on a public forum!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 07:06 PM
In answer to my own question, you can hunt rats and rabbits with a single or 2 dogs, i do not understand why foxes are exempt from this.
Because most of the GP had issues with fox hunting and Fox hounds, I think thats what really brought most of the laws about
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo22 View Post
Also, would I need to get my dog any rabies or any treatment if he bites a fox and gets bit too?
The UK is rabies free.

Any puncture wound should be checked anyway.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 09:35 PM
You are quite right in a way, and in any case - any dog that kills a fox (rat, rabbit etc.) whilst out walking would NOT be prosecuted; for one thing the courts and the police have better things to do, and for another there is no actual intention to hunt and kill a fox.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
So they do! I totally agree they have more important things to do, but the fact remains, especially if seen, a dog catching a killing a Fox is illegal, more so having the dogs owner admit he allows it on a public forum!
I think that you are wrong with this one........ Hunting with dogs is illegal, not a chance meeting between a single dog and a fox on a morning walk
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I think that you are wrong with this one........ Hunting with dogs is illegal, not a chance meeting between a single dog and a fox on a morning walk
Nope, you would have to prove you did not intend your dog to chase or catch the Fox, and prove your intent was not to harm. The law is very clear on that, its a crap law, but it states it clearly.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
my dog has a love hate relationship with the foxes in our park. They are very sly and fast though, my huby takes our dog out at 2am and lets him off in the park, the foxes will walk behind him and then let off a wee noise so he turns and then they will run away - but I think they know that he cant catch them, they can run faster and turn quicker where as my boy doesnt have the same level of agileness !!

My hubby says its actually very funny to watch and that the foxes definetly tease him....

not that that helps - but could he actually catch one do you think ? If so then perhaps keep him on a long line for doing his business so that he cant harm himself if he gives chase
Perhaps the foxes like playing with him

I've now got an image of foxes sneaking up and sniggering at each other in true teen fashion...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >