Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How Green are you?
Ultra Green! 3 9.68%
I try to do my bit 23 74.19%
I'd like to do more 5 16.13%
Couldn't care less 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I am somewhat of a moderate. We recycle even though that means collecting the stuff and taking it to a recycling center. Rather than drive to our county's center, my wife often drops stuff off in another county where she drives right by their collection area on her way home from work.

We drive a relatively small car. We use mostly flourescent lights. We try to plan errands to reduce driving. We try to buy things that will last and repair anything we can before buying new. Serviceable goods no longer needed go to the thrift shops, not the trash.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 07:35 PM
We try our best to recycle as much as we can. I have three compost heaps on the go in the garden, we separate out tins, glass, paper and this is collected separately. All lightbulbs are energy saving and we have just changed the car to a modern low emission one and we walk as much as we can, and use the bus for travel into the town. We are also quite economical with food and do our best not to waste food. All unwanted clothing and household items are sent onto charity shops (for the hospice to re-sell usually). There is probably much more we could do, but I am afraid we do still value and appreciate the benefits of modern living.
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2010, 07:56 PM
WE have three bins which are collected, one for garden waste, one for recyclable including plastic and aerosols and one for rubbish, we also have a composter in the garden and a Green Johanna which you can put all food into. We also have a water butt. I try to tell the family but I'm not sure they all listen, although my OH bought a huge box of those eco light bulbs, (as they are supposed to last for 10 years I think we now have 100 years supply) I haven't got into eco washing powder yet or household cleaning stuff but I am gradually getting there.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 07:47 AM
We recycle everything that can be recycled, down to tins/cans, glass, paper (even packaging) plastic bottles, we don't use carriers in store shopping, we have our 'bags for life' we also have energy saving light bulbs, the house has been insulated and cavity walled to help save the heating, unwanted clothing goes into the recycle bin, any unwanted electrical items gets passed on free to people that need it rather than getting thrown away. So hopefully I'm helping slightly
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I voted ultra green.

I always make sure I buy recycled kitchen towel and loo paper, energy saving lightbulbs, degradable dog poo bags and bin liners and make sure all my cleaning products are from an eco range (especially important as my new place has no sewerage system so my dirty pot water etc goes straight into the ground and we have lots of wildlife I dont want to damage!)

I recycle everything I can and that includes stuff for the compost heap. Plus, I never leave anything on standby, thats a pet hate of mine!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2