Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Hi H,

We've stayed in an Ibis when we were in London for Scruffts twice. They were great with Roxy although they did charge £5 per night, but that was okay, pretty reasonable.

I'll have a look for an Ibis near the KC building address. Thanks for that, good idea!
I don't think this one is too far...and it does not charge extra for the guys .....its the one people stay at for the NEC as well.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 10:58 AM
I think I've managed to work out travel arrangements, even though it's going to be a trek and a half! Just as well Roxy takes everything in her stride, I wouldn't do it if I thought she was going to be upset or stressed.

Does this look like a stressed dog whilst travelling......

Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 11:11 AM
This is my travelling arrangement plan so far (haven't booked as yet).

I am off my head, I know.

Collecting Roxy from Stowmarket.

Outward Journey – Glasgow to Stowmarket

Glasgow - 06:00 – Edinburgh Waverley - 06.50

Edinburgh Waverley - 07:00 – Peterborough - 10:52

Peterborough - 11:46 – Stowmarket - 13:11

Stowmarket to Coventry

Stowmarket – 14:11 – Ely – 14:51

Ely – 15.15 – Birmingham New Street – 17.38

Birmingham New Street – 17.50 – Coventry – 18.10

Taxi to hotel.

Return Journey

Coventry – 06:11 – London Euston – 07.13

London Euston – 07.13 – London Liverpool Street before 8am via tube or taxi

London Liverpool Street - 8:00 – Ipswich Station – 09:08

Ipswich Station – 09:16 – Stowmarket – 09:31

The oldies are due to come home from Suffolk on the Thursday so I'll be meeting them at Stowmarket on the 8th for a lift up the road!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 11:14 AM
your not off your head I think its brillaint news. Barry at my work says he wishes you well!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 12:18 PM
So glad you are going
Best of luck
Dunno if you have booked a hotel or not but I used to live in this area and have been down with my dogs the past two summers
Kenilworth is the closest place to stonley
We have stayed in this place
http://www.sundialgroup.com/woodside
V dog friendly and because it is a conference venue they do cheepies to fill up the extra rooms, not sure how mum managed it but basicaly we were there for about the price of a B&B and it is total luxury with its own swimming pool, pub, games room and land to run the dogs

Best of luck, I wish I was going but Mia isnt stable enough around other dogs and Ben would be great except I would have to be Dorothy as he dosent work with other people No hardship there lets tell ALW to scrap the TV show, its me they want
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
So glad you are going
Best of luck
Dunno if you have booked a hotel or not but I used to live in this area and have been down with my dogs the past two summers
Kenilworth is the closest place to stonley
We have stayed in this place
http://www.sundialgroup.com/woodside
V dog friendly and because it is a conference venue they do cheepies to fill up the extra rooms, not sure how mum managed it but basicaly we were there for about the price of a B&B and it is total luxury with its own swimming pool, pub, games room and land to run the dogs

Best of luck, I wish I was going but Mia isnt stable enough around other dogs and Ben would be great except I would have to be Dorothy as he dosent work with other people No hardship there lets tell ALW to scrap the TV show, its me they want
Hi Pam,

I haven't booked yet.

That looks like a lovely hotel and I'm now stuck between the that hotel and the Ibis. There isn't much of a price difference between both if the Ibis charges £20 for the whole stay, rather than per night!

However, if the Woodside hotel doesn't charge for pets and breakfast is included, then it would be £165 for three nights. For the Ibis it's £140.45 incl. breakfast and £20 for the dog. Surely the Ibis wouldn't charge £20 per NIGHT for the dog? They only charge £5 per night in London!

Nice to know you can recommend the Woodside one. I think it may be that one we go for!

Shame you can't come! Would've been good!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 12:58 PM
It woulda been fab!! If I had the money I would be down for the holiday because it is a totaly fab place
and I would love to give my two their 15 min of fame
But I know Roxy will melt the judges hearts, she is fab!!

- Woodside breakfast is AMAZING!! and if you need any places to go in Kenilworth I can point you in the right directions - I used to live just round the corner from the hotel so it is really weird being round there as its like a walk tru my childhood
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Now I'm looking in to flying to Stansted and then catching the train.......oh god - confused.com!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
It woulda been fab!! If I had the money I would be down for the holiday because it is a totaly fab place
and I would love to give my two their 15 min of fame
But I know Roxy will melt the judges hearts, she is fab!!

- Woodside breakfast is AMAZING!! and if you need any places to go in Kenilworth I can point you in the right directions - I used to live just round the corner from the hotel so it is really weird being round there as its like a walk tru my childhood
Are you sure you can't make it for a couple of days?

I'll definitely have a walk around if I go, Pam. Looks like a nice place.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Found a cheaper way and quicker way, I think!

Fly to Stansted from Glasgow, train to Stowmarket from Stansted, pick up Roxy, then head to Coventry.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >