View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Be interesting to know what the police or RSPCA will do, not a lot I bet, but I would still report him, I bet you wish you had been there, I would have prob been done for assault if some one tried to hit one of mine.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 12:25 PM
I would report him to the police for assult on your dog and tell the police you want them to visit him and insist he pays your vets bill that you've now incurred.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
you must make a report to the police and the rspca. If there are witnesses, surely the police have an obligation to follow it up. I hope he doesnt have dogs of his own. god help them!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I really dont see what the rspca can do about this, but the police should/could pay him a visit.
Bagwoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I would report him and tell the Police that you felt very intimated by this man and his very strange behaviour.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Sadly I don't think the Police will be able to do much either. I think he'll go down the route of the dog walker not having a dog under proper control in a public place and if he actually admits to kicking the dog he will more than likely say it was in self defence and was 'fearful' of being bitten. Regardless of the unlikeliness of this due to the dogs age and demeanor, ie friendly puppy, he will no doubt say he's frightened of dogs and truly believed in his eyes he was in some 'danger'.
At the end of the day it is up to us the owners to keep our dogs safe from morons such as this.
Will be interested to see what happens and would definately despite the above still report him for it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
Sadly I don't think the Police will be able to do much either. I think he'll go down the route of the dog walker not having a dog under proper control in a public place and if he actually admits to kicking the dog he will more than likely say it was in self defence and was 'fearful' of being bitten. Regardless of the unlikeliness of this due to the dogs age and demeanor, ie friendly puppy, he will no doubt say he's frightened of dogs and truly believed in his eyes he was in some 'danger'.
At the end of the day it is up to us the owners to keep our dogs safe from morons such as this.
Will be interested to see what happens and would definately despite the above still report him for it.
your could be right, he may talk his way out of it, most likely will,
but the hasstle of having a police visit may make him think twice before doing it again, lets face it if he constantly did this and got reported the police would need to do something,
Its when people do nothing that people like him get away with acting in this manner.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:41 PM
What a moron, hope your little girl will be ok. Please let us know.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
report him to the police first and foremost, then the rspca,

lets face it not only did he attack your puppy, but he put a female dog walker in a state of fear and alarm can you see where im going with this,

also push the fact that the puppy may be injured and that it has not yet been checked by a vet,

your more likely to get a better result from the police that way,

you have his reg number and two people seen the event, thats more than enough for the police to take action,.
wot she said.
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2010, 02:26 PM
I think you should find out where he lives and see how much he likes to be kicked.

Or go the police.. Whatever works best for you
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >