Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I especially like the Morons who wear White Trousers in the wet Soggy Muddy Countryside!
Last Spring (not quite winter muddy, but still not exactly "nice" either) we came across a woman in our local woods wearing high-heels and a knee length fur coat (could have been real or fake, I couldn't tell). REAL practical clothing for walking through woodland.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Keeping Toby on his lead does not keep him any cleaner! Even if its dry and clean he will find some mud!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 06:32 PM
cant say I ever get comments like that, off lead in horrid weather, my lot tip toe round muck, they just dont do manky

smug or what

though I do get lots of comments on how nasty rotties are so I guess its horses for courses.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Yup fairly typical round here
Me and a friend used to walk our dogs to the fun agility class on a sunday, they had a great romp on the way there.
In class everyone turned up with their spotless collies and things out the back of their landrovers - while Ben and his friend were dripping mud looking like swamp monsters - happy swamp monsters tho

Mud dries then it can be hovered - but a happy dog is priceless
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 06:44 PM
I did hear some people walking towards us with clean dogs once say, "Here come the hippos"! I wasn't sure if they meant Dusty and Ollie or Dusty and me.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Mo doesn't "do" mud either but her best friend (a Yorkie) goes through all the muddiest puddles she can find and then jumps all over Mo.
She can just about reach Mo's neck so each day Mo comes home with just her head still white
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 06:55 PM
A friend and I were walking our dogs today and as her Cocker had been to the groomer at the weekend she put her on lead and walked her past a lovely muddy puddle...of course as soon as she got off the lead she ran right back for a paddle! Have to say the air went slightly blue.

Mine carefully avoid all the puddles but will happily tromp through mud, as long as they can't see any of that nasty wet water stuff they're happy.

J.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Every time Daisy leaps gleefully into water, some pillock says - How on earth do you get it dry? I just tell them with a straight face that dogs are drip-dry.
Dp they think they`ll shrink perhaps?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I especially like the Morons who wear White Trousers in the wet Soggy Muddy Countryside!
Harlestone Firs yesterday, which was awash with deep, muddy puddles ... a young girl in a white wool coat, jeans, expensive looking leather knee high boots with heels at least 3" high ... tiptoeing along with a look of horror on her face, dog firmly on the end of its lead, poor thing. I am ashamed to say Tai sort of splashed her a bit ... I was looking the other way ( ) and just didn't notice she was going to get a wee bit muddy.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
I did hear some people walking towards us with clean dogs once say, "Here come the hippos"! I wasn't sure if they meant Dusty and Ollie or Dusty and me.
lOL !!

lIKE IT !!
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »