View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Has Bruno been eating a lot of snow when out on your walks? That can put their tummies out of order.

But I definitely think you're doing the right thing getting him checked over - fingers crossed that it is nothing serious.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2010, 01:13 PM
How are his poos now, Dani? Still very dark?

Tarry poo can be a sign of something more serious, but hopefully not dire. I'm trying not to alarm you. Roxy had tarry poos and was rather unwell, but recovered just fine.

Think a vet visit is def. in order.

Keep us posted, hon, and give my fave staffy a huge smooch please xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
How are his poos now, Dani? Still very dark?

Tarry poo can be a sign of something more serious, but hopefully not dire. I'm trying not to alarm you. Roxy had tarry poos and was rather unwell, but recovered just fine.

Think a vet visit is def. in order.

Keep us posted, hon, and give my fave staffy a huge smooch please xxx
thankyou for all the replies, much appreciated.

To be honest, we have been out and about so much I havent paid a huge amount of attention to his poos when out the last few days as they have been done in the middle of fields so havent been retrieved and collected !! However the last few in the garden have been quite dark and soft, and certainly what he left for me in the house, was practically black and was disgusting.

I am calling the vets tommorow to get him checked out so will see whats what, I would rather get some bloods done even if its nothing to get my mind settled.

He does seem quite happy in himself and not overly bothered by his disgusting butt and happy out on walks etc.

Hali - He doesnt really eat the snow just zooms about in it - he loves it.

will let you all know when he goes to vets and what they say... should I try and take a poo sample with me ??? eek that will be fun collecting that !!!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 04:37 PM
UPDATE

Pleased to say that I took Bruno to the vets today and they did liver, kidney etc function tests and tested for diabetes and all is ok. He did have a slightly tender tummy/gut so the vet has prescribed an antibiotic to try and settle his tummy.

So am really pleased that all is well with my boy, and that is was just a gut upset, he has said that if doesnt settle after the medicine course to come back in.

Bruno was very good and licked the nurse as she held him to get his blood drawn so no worse the wear for his visit !!!

so am very pleased that I was just being a hypocondriac mummy, although my wallet isnt as pleased !!!!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
UPDATE

Pleased to say that I took Bruno to the vets today and they did liver, kidney etc function tests and tested for diabetes and all is ok. He did have a slightly tender tummy/gut so the vet has prescribed an antibiotic to try and settle his tummy.

So am really pleased that all is well with my boy, and that is was just a gut upset, he has said that if doesnt settle after the medicine course to come back in.

Bruno was very good and licked the nurse as she held him to get his blood drawn so no worse the wear for his visit !!!

so am very pleased that I was just being a hypocondriac mummy, although my wallet isnt as pleased !!!!
Excellent news! Glad Bruno is fine, and it's weight off your shoulders too!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Good news!! The wallet might be lighter but so are the shoulders I am sure
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Does he eat snow ?

If mine 'eat' a lot of snow they get bad bums.

Obviously your news is good but I wondered if it was worth mentioning.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 07:57 AM
So glad to hear that it is nothing serious - fingers crossed his tummy will soon be back to normal (and you can take the pegs off your noses )
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 09:12 AM
absolutely delighted to hear that bruno had nothing more than a bad case of wind!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Oh, I panicked there when I read he'd been poorly - PHEW!!! Mega-relief that he is okay and it is probably just good old gut-rot

Hugs to gorgeous Bruno xxx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >