Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi BorderBobsMum!

Congratulations on getting a BT! I too am the proud owner of a BT. He has just turned 9 months old & we had him at 3 months old. He is so sweet & loveable but yes he jumps up also (still!) although he is slightly better. We ignore him when he does & it does help.

He still likes to use his teeth alot too but he only does it gently! If he doesn't he gets a telling off!

I must say i'm impressed you've nearly got him house trained! It took us ages!

We've just had Max castrated last Tuesday but he only had one testicle. The other was retained in his abdomen so the vet had to find it & remove it. Quite a nasty op apparently. He is doing well though. I'm hoping the castration may calm him down in a month or so but unsure!! It certainly hasn't stopped him so far as the first day after his op he was trying to jump up!

Good luck with Bob! You'll have loads of fun!
JJB88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2010, 02:31 PM
A lot of good advice on here.

I would just like to point out that you pup is happy to see you and is trying to lick your face, thats how canines greet. All the methods stated previously are excellent and will work however I feel the basics of canine behaviour have been over looked.

I find with my little staff that she only jumps up when she hasn't seen me for a while or I make a lot of fuss. So now when I come down in the morning I crouch down. I don't let her lick my face but it stops her jumping. I give her half a minute of genlte, calm fuss and then stand up and get on with the day. I think by saticfying her need to communicate with me as they naturally do she no longer feels the need to jump up as we have greeted and checked we are both ok.

Try it, it may work or help.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2