View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Well, the vet I am sure would advise you if Winston was in any pain or suffering.

I hope you get many more special moments with you boy. Hugs to you all xx
Woody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2009, 12:32 PM
This sounds very like what happened to my dog who's 15.

Vet diagnosed vestibular disease, basically balance problems between ear and brain, he said would take up to 3weeks for recovery.He gave her a steroid and antibiotic injection. Also said she may be left with a slight head tilt, but she hasn't, she's back to almost normal, just a slight wobble when she tilts her head a certain way, but if you didn't know she had been ill you'd think she was fine.
She's now, after a few weeks of shorter walks, back out walking with the other and is confident about going up and down stairs again.

She also went off her food for a few days then her appetite came back. Someone advised scattering treats and small pieces of food in front of her to encourage her to gain confidence in reaching for things. I was also advised to ask for vivitonin but my vet wasn't keen, however I have put her on Aktivait which is for elderly dogs and doesn't need a prescription.

Hope that Winston recovers well

Woody
Tillyann
New Member!
Female 

13-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Hello Moodyblue, our Border Collie Meg also had the same thing happen a few months ago, we too thought it was another vestibular doggy stroke but she stayed wobbly and could not eat. She is 15 in April and now doing as well as we can expect for her problem. She could have a brain tumour, vet is not certain without a scan. She is on steroids which help with appetite and wobbliness also has to take antibiotics as her immunity is affected. I hope Winston improves. Tilly
MoodyBlue
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-12-2009, 09:11 PM
The Vet on Monday was pleased with his progress. Still has the occasional wobble. Eyes still a little enlarged. But is finding his appetite. Holds his head a little to one side but can now go for short walks. Pleased to say,we are all a little happier. And looks like we will get through Xmas (fingers crossed)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2