Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 10:27 PM
awwwww great pics
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2005, 11:55 PM
DM your Mini so reminds me of my long gone siamese, he used to talk all the time and was more like a dog than a cat
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	mso2FC9D.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	195  
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 11:56 PM
what a beautiful cat
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Thank you SM sadly like so many cats he fell pray to the motor car
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 11:59 PM
oh thats just really sad and i am so sorry,

minihaha were do u view the top ten people with the most rep points please
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 12:11 AM
On the dogweb home page SM
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 12:17 AM
gems was looking for it lol and cant find the home page please help
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Look very carefully, because I don't say this very often, so remember it! "Nice cats!"

Sunny here today, but with a chill breeze, so no barbie. Our current one needs a severe weld, so we can't really use it anyway. Spent hours yesterday, traipsing round Kirkwall, looking for a new one, but nothing suitable. Saw a nice ceramic one in the garden centre, but they wanted £185 for it, which we thought was a bit on the steep side. If I can find the bit of the old one that needs mending, I'll take it to my pal Mike, who has some arc-welding kit.

One reason I like the old one is that it's a tub, and you stuff it with paper, which lights the fuel from underneath - far easier than b*ggering about with a blowlamp (it rarely stops blowing wind here, matches are useless most of the time ).

There's nothing like an own-make sausage from the butcher who supplies me with dogfood, sizzled over the BBQ, with fresh herbs thrown on the coals (sage or rosemary very good} washed down, of course, with homebrew (which I call "Kali Kolsson's Best Biter") or the other type I make, "Snorri's Special Stot" (black stout). I have some great kebab recipes, too!

M y part in the barbie process is not the stereotype male role - I don't do the cooking, I fire the thing up, and I mix/marinade the kebabs. I'm a curry cook, myself, doing Baltis and tandooris (also great on a barbie)

Tip for Tandoori chicken: It's not easy to cook the chook all the way through without burning the outside, on a BBQ, so try microwaving the ckicken bits first (about a quarter of the recommended time should do), then finish the cooking on the barbie. The chicken should be perfect then, and you avoid any chance of salmonella or listeria.

Snorri
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Gorgeous weather in B'ham but what did I do go to work - should go 4 days a week like some people on here who now eat Tbone steaks on Fridays

Kazz - but I don't go down to 4 days/week until the start of July!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
DM your Mini so reminds me of my long gone siamese, he used to talk all the time and was more like a dog than a cat
Mini -................'vocal' - that's an understatement. She talks almost all the time she is awake, varying from strident "I don't think I've eaten for 5 minutes", "Open the door please, the sun is shining", "Open the door please, I want to come in now", "Put that book down, I want to sit on your lap" and then when she doesn't want anything you get little granny-grunts of appreciation "mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm". Not purrs, little throaty "oofs"

If you like dogs but can't have one an oriental cat might be a good compromise - they are easily tought to enjoy travel, short, on-lead walks, etc etc
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >