View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 03:59 PM
me and the OH are thinking of adding another dog sometime next year too. im already down on a waiting list for another crested, but we both want another breed. that will take me up to three four if i include his dog, i do all the work anyway
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 04:00 PM
If money were no object and I lived in a suitable house with ample land then yes I would have all the dogs I want, and not just my 5 top breeds!!!lol

I have had a huge variety of dogs living together over the years and have never once had a problem with it.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I'd love to have loads of Collies and Dalmatians in an ideal world....
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Nope, I wouldnt have all of the breeds I listed in one go. From this point forward, I will never mix my gundogs with dogs from other groups, well, i'll do my best not to!

It's not that my 5 listed dogs wouldnt get on together or anything like that, it's simply from a training perspective.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 05:26 PM
My five top breeds were;

Golden Retriver
Labrador
Springer Spaniel
Cocker Spaniel
German Shorthaired Pointer

I already have a springer spaniel and 2 labs, and a springer cocker cross.

Realisticly, I could own all five at the same time, as our dogs are kenneled, and as long introductions between existing dogs and new dogs went successfully, then they would share a kennel.

I wouldn't get all 5 breeds as puppies at the same time, but then I wouldn't get more than one pup at a time, I would probably stagger them, then I'll always have a good mixed aged team to work!

Looking at it cost wise, we are lucky enough to not have to buy our dog food and pay for vets bills, as OH's bosses pay for any working dogs we have.

I've also got unlimited dog walking space, so that isn't an issue too!!

Writing this post has made me realise, I could get my top 5 breeds, better start buttering up the OH!!!!!

xx
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
My five top breeds were;

Golden Retriver
Labrador
Springer Spaniel
Cocker Spaniel
German Shorthaired Pointer

I already have a springer spaniel and 2 labs, and a springer cocker cross.

Realisticly, I could own all five at the same time, as our dogs are kenneled, and as long introductions between existing dogs and new dogs went successfully, then they would share a kennel.

I wouldn't get all 5 breeds as puppies at the same time, but then I wouldn't get more than one pup at a time, I would probably stagger them, then I'll always have a good mixed aged team to work!

Looking at it cost wise, we are lucky enough to not have to buy our dog food and pay for vets bills, as OH's bosses pay for any working dogs we have.

I've also got unlimited dog walking space, so that isn't an issue too!!

Writing this post has made me realise, I could get my top 5 breeds, better start buttering up the OH!!!!!

xx
oh no, i think i may have started something here... dont tell your OH that i gave you the idea
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2