View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Jeeeeeze, and there I was, thinking the media might have been elaborating when they talk about how bad it is in some places now with these kids and their dogs!

Thank goodness you have a car Bev and may I suggest you use it in future, but always, for your own safety, let alone your poor dogs!!!! Jeeeze! The awful thing is, if you retaliate with them, they would probably DO what they threaten too! Not unknown is it!

Oh how lucky am I!!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I feel for you, having lived in places like that. It won`t get better, either, the way things are going. Is there no way you could move?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Jeeeeeze, and there I was, thinking the media might have been elaborating when they talk about how bad it is in some places now with these kids and their dogs!

Thank goodness you have a car Bev and may I suggest you use it in future, but always, for your own safety, let alone your poor dogs!!!! Jeeeze! The awful thing is, if you retaliate with them, they would probably DO what they threaten too! Not unknown is it!

Oh how lucky am I!!!!
Makes where I live sound like heaven. I think sometimes I forget how lucky I am when I hear of places like this.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2009, 05:55 PM
(((Hugs))) Bev so sorry you were put in this awful situation.

I am lucky where I live we have the nicer area of Harlow think it is a lot worse nearer to town though.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 06:00 PM
How awful, poor you, I can honestly say I haven't encountered any behaviour like this since we left the UK I get really homesick sometimes, but when I hear stuff like this, makes me wonder if I want to ever come home.

Makes my blood boil , that you can't even walk your dog down your own street without harrassment.

hugs xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 06:04 PM
what horrible idiotic people! poor you (((hugs))).

i live in an area like that and its horrible, my bf wont let me take jake to the park after a certain time and for his late night walks there are certain places he wont let me walk coz he worries about me lol.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 06:42 PM
So sorry to hear this Bev There really are some nasty people about........*Hugs*
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
OMG you poor thing. I'm sorry but I couldn't live in an area like that. I know some people would say I'm not letting them drive me out of my home but I'd be gone like a shot.

That is so disgraceful that you should have to put up with the likes of that just taking your dog for a walk which should be a nice peaceful pleasant experiences, for the most part.

What utter scum to let a dog poo in a children's play area and not pick it up. Utter utter scum. Having a go back just incourages them. These brats feel like they are above the law and in all honesty probably are. The system stinks. I'm sorry but I'd be gone. Middle of nowhere. I just hate people in general. Give me a dog anyday!!!!!!!

Rant over. This kind of thing just makes me sick. I think all us dogsey folk should buy an island and live on it in peace and quiet. A little Doggy haven xx
Excellent post, couldn't agree more.

What a shame you've had such a horrible experience just simply trying to take Milo out for a nice walk . I certainly would be wanting to move if this was the norm in my neighbourhood. Perhaps you were just unfortunate on this occasion?

You should come and live here - lots of nice doggy-folks and fields to play in and Marius could doggy body-guard you both!! (Lola could nip their ankles - although I think a midge would have more bite lol )
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Aw Bev not what you or Milo need right now I would defiantly stick to going somewhere safe in the car ..
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 10:32 AM
I would love to move as unfortunatly it is the norm round here. I hate this place so much especially being on my own as well.
Unfortunatly because of a big mess up by the council I have quite a bit of rent arrears to be paid off first before they will consider me for a move, that could take me almost 2 years to do, so looks like I am stuck here.
I have looked to private rent but any place I find out in a nice rural area won't take dogs and even if they did \I probably wouldn't be considered for it anyway because estate agents would look and find I have arrears here.
It really is so soul destroying round here, just praying my car doesn't give up the ghost as it is very old. I would be really stuck then.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >