View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't have a clue what to do! I am glad I have a son.

I guess the common sense approach would be to wait and see what the results of the PM are on that poor girl who has died, and then discuss it with the school and perhaps your GP?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I wouldn't have a clue what to do! I am glad I have a son.

I guess the common sense approach would be to wait and see what the results of the PM are on that poor girl who has died, and then discuss it with the school and perhaps your GP?
The next stage is to vaccinate the boys.......I guess I have to wait and see what happens at the PM.How long do you think the results will take to become public? The PM is today.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Not long with the way the press is at the moment.

I'd wait a year if you can, personally that gives it time to settle down as Emrad said it has been rushed out. Yet another good thing coming out too late imo.

p.s. sorry for ditching our chat earlier haven't been able to get into FB all day for some reason, hope you're OK xx
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2009, 03:34 PM
my 14 year old daughter is due the vaccine, she came home at the end of the last school year ( july sometime) with a leaflet about the vaccination. But she stated quite firmly that she would NOT be having the vaccine, and as it is her body it is upto her if she chooses to have it or not.
I wont force her to have it if she doesn't want it yet. I have explained about cervical cancer etc, and said this can help protect you from ever getting it etc etc, but at the end of the day it is upto her.. she is right when she says its her body, her choice.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
my 14 year old daughter is due the vaccine, she came home at the end of the last school year ( july sometime) with a leaflet about the vaccination. But she stated quite firmly that she would NOT be having the vaccine, and as it is her body it is upto her if she chooses to have it or not.
I wont force her to have it if she doesn't want it yet. I have explained about cervical cancer etc, and said this can help protect you from ever getting it etc etc, but at the end of the day it is upto her.. she is right when she says its her body, her choice.
That is an interesting point, would you also let her pierce,tatoo,donate organs etc? I understand your point but also wonder about parental obligation and responsibility.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Personally I wouldnt, I too feel its been rushed through too quickly, and having had Luca react to a vaccine and been shot down in flames by doctors for suggesting that was the cause, it angers me that they roll out something saying that its fine etc with no research etc provided to the parents who are making the decision.

I would definetly wait until the PM results are back. If they get published...
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 04:49 PM
My Daughter (13) didn't want the HPV but I explained that it might one day save her life (reminding her of Jade Goody). She decided that she wanted to have it done, just in case.

I wouldn't have forced her but I said I would have had it done (which I would have) if it were on offer years ago.

The HPV jabs are being done in schools in bands, i.e. last academic year was year 8s and my year 11 Daughter is about to get hers in a few weeks. I'm not sure that if you opt out now, that it will be easy to change minds later on.

My Daughter missed her third HPV vac (off sick) and we had to take her to a hospital miles away to get it done. I suppose it depends what is on offer in your area.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Just out of interest, what reasons are those with children who don't want it giving?

I'm curious to know why they don't want it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Had she been old enough. I personally would have refused this vaccine for my daughter even before this happened. I have concerns about the health effects of over-vaccinating, concerns about the adjuvants and other ingredients in vaccines and it is nigh on impossible, should you suffer a serious side effect, to get anyone to take you seriously and admit it was down to the vaccine.

I don't think this one has been tested well enough or for long enough but it is down to the individual to make a decision, hopefully having researched as fully as possible. Have a search around on the internet and in case you haven't seen it; here is a link to the patient information leaflet:

http://emc.medicines.org.uk/document...cumentId=20207

I think the insect 'Trichoplusia ni' is a moth?

From the list of ingredients:

4L1 protein in the form of non-infectious virus-like particles (VLPs) produced by recombinant DNA technology using a Baculovirus expression system which uses Hi-5 Rix4446 cells derived from the insect Trichoplusia ni.

I hope that you find yourself able to make a decision one way or another - it's hard, I know.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-09-2009, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't, knowing the girls family this was a really out of the blue incident..and there is local rumour that something wasnt right with the batch of vaccines as most at said school who had it had varying degrees of unwellness shortly after.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >