View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2009, 07:58 PM
You could try cutting into the meat to give him a headstart.
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2009, 09:26 PM
My GR was the same when I first starting feeding my dogs raw. I'm sure she felt she was too lady like to chew a bone, however, after a chicken drumstick there is no stopping her now - I think you just have to find something they like to start them off. Mine never refuse mince, chicken wings, drumsticks, oxtail - although liver has to be mixed in with something - they won't touch it on it's own.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Try poultry bones which are usually softer. Pork and beef bones can be tough, beef especially.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 11:07 AM
What type of pork bone?

For general raw feeding ie as part of their regular meal I would stick to rib bones or necks and poultry carcasses/necks/wings/legs.

As a rule weight bearing bones (apart from poultry) are as a treat and i personally wouldnt expect T to eat one, eat the meat off of it and have a bit of a grind but not polish the whole lot of.

He gets whole chicken thighs and stuff like that and will always take them out of his bowl place on kitchen/living room floor and stare at them and walk round them like they are going to suddenly explode then take them off and bury them and dig them up a few times then eat them.

If i chop the meaty bit up and stick it in his bowl with the bone with a good covering of meat still on it he will eat it without all the fuss!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2