Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
The qualification depends on what "band" your dogs breed is in, you can find that on the KC website.
durrr...I'm having another thick moment. Where abouts on the website will I find it?
She's in rare breeds, is that what you mean?
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Here you go Crufts 2010 qualification

http://www.crufts.org.uk/crufts-2010-qualification

We will be going for YKC Handling for Jess with Connor but as I haven't been to any champ shows this year nothing in the breed
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 05:50 AM
I've had a quick scan of the KC link and I can't seem to see anything about the number of dogs per class.

Is there a rule that states a dog must beat a certain number of dogs in the class to qualify?

I know some breeds have very few numbers in their classes at Champ Shows (some as little as just one or two). If a dog is in a class by itself or beats just one other dog, does it still qualify for Crufts then? Just curious!!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I've had a quick scan of the KC link and I can't seem to see anything about the number of dogs per class.

Is there a rule that states a dog must beat a certain number of dogs in the class to qualify?

I know some breeds have very few numbers in their classes at Champ Shows (some as little as just one or two). If a dog is in a class by itself or beats just one other dog, does it still qualify for Crufts then? Just curious!!
In Estrelas it certainly would. But then of course the judge could decide that the dog wasn't a good specimen and withhold the award if the dog is in a class by itself. Quite often in the rarer breeds you will not find more than four or five dogs in a class, and in many classes just one or two. I assume it would be the same for numerically larger breed too, though the likelihood of having only one or two in a class will of course be reduced.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 08:19 AM
There is no specification of the number in a class - if the judge does not feel your dog is good enough it can withhold placing - although this does happen I haven't seen it happen in my breed.

So if you were the only dog in the class and you got a 1st place in a qualifying class then you qualify
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2009, 03:57 PM
The entries for crufts 2010 close 8th jan 200 postal and 15th jan online
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks to both of you for answering that question, it's something I've often wondered!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Bear in mind although LKA is the last champ show to qualify at (General breed) there are also a number of premier shows between this and the closing date where alot of the breeds qualify for Crufts for getting Best of Breed. This is in addition to Best in Show/Reserve/Best Puppy in Show qualifying for Crufts.
cornishmals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2009, 04:13 AM
Being placed in rare breeds won't unfortunately qualify you for crufts,though AVNSC will.
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2009, 04:28 PM
This is the banding system.
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/2487

which Estrelas don't seem to be on (because they are a rare breed?)
Was it not a breed class you won?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >