View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2009, 05:51 AM
When Wembley came home, he slept in a cardboard box next to our bed. He was okay with that but preferred it on our bed which only lasted for about 4 weeks, and then he went downstairs to the kitchen, with no problems. I love it when he comes upstairs, Chips used to sleep in a bed next to ours and it was nice to hear her breathing, especially in her last years. I would like the same thing for Wembley but at the moment, he can't be trusted not to chew stuff under the bed

When we get the new dog next year, we are going to put them wherever Wembley is, but crated so they can have his company - it will probably be in the kitchen.
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2009, 06:09 AM
My little girl, Missy, was less than 6 weeks old, when I got her... and I didn't get much sleep the first week... I often took her into bed with me, because I needed sleep, she needed warmth and closeness..

On Saturday she should be 9 weeks old, and only needs to go out once a night, around 3am...

She sleeps in her crate, next to Ben's, in my bedroom...
BWS
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

02-09-2009, 06:46 AM
can I ask why everyone uses crates ? its just I have never used one at all and never had any problems and as a rescue written into our terms of adoption we dont allow the use of them but it seems lots of you do use them I just wondered why ?
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 07:29 AM
My pup wouldn't settle in her crate downstairs so I put the crate in my bedroom and she was quite happy
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 07:52 AM
mine are not allowed upstairs as it is the cats space. so from day one the splet downstairs
ATD x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 07:55 AM
When Louis was a puppy he was left in the lounge room at night had his bed, toys, food, water. When it got cold in winter I felt mean so moved him to my room and he has been there ever since.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Mine have always been crated in the laundry.. (now in beds) they are not allowed upstairs at night.

The trouble I see you having with a new puppy, is if you want to confine her/him to the crate away from the other dog.

Having spent time with your other dog all day, then being separated at night , is not going to make for an easy life.

Either, bring your pup upstairs with the other dog..or get your other dog used to sleeping downstairs where you intend pup to sleep now , before you bring pup home"!
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by BWS View Post
can I ask why everyone uses crates ? its just I have never used one at all and never had any problems and as a rescue written into our terms of adoption we dont allow the use of them but it seems lots of you do use them I just wondered why ?
We use our crate when we are out because Honey is a chewer and will destroy the house.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Honey sleeps on our bed at night and so does kobe, when we first got Honey she slept in her crate in our bedroom.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by BWS View Post
Because my Slovak pup is wired to the moon and pretty much the only time she sleeps is when she is contained.

My Lab was crated as a pup because he would have gladly destroyed the house.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >