View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2009, 07:24 PM
The trick is to make sure the Nylabone is too big for the dog to get it in the back of its mouth and clamp down on it with his molars. Large Nylabones are the only answer for some dogs.

Many dogs aren't interested in a slick, new Nylabone. I think they are putting the nubby texture on more of them now. I think it is part of the reason so many dogs like the hard to find dinosaur ones. The ultimate is the Souper Size Galileo Nylabone. It is about 7 inches long and 3 inches around. It has the slick surface. They are more attractive if you rough up the surface with sand paper or by rubbing it on a concrete floor. Another technique is to jam a Nylabone into a Kong creating what I call a twofer. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Ouch!

We got a pack of three nylabones when the Bonger was a baby. The edible one was gone in less than a minute, and the others lay about gathering dust until...

well, to be honest, they're probably still gathering dust under the TV cabinet or something

I found a squeaky bone under the settee not so long ago, it disappeared months ago!
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi,
nylabones are good,but not for aggresive chewers,altough they are advertised as 'good for teeth' they are not so kind on gums
Agree with you Tupacs2legs-had to stop letting Hatti have one because she was an aggressive chewer-used to always be making her gums bleed and also she chipped the end off two of her teeth
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I have been buying these for Chloe , she loves them...
I buy the large one from my local pet shop..

TOYBOY BONE LARGE HICRAFT TOYBOY 100% nylon with two delicious cooked in flavours, vanilla or chocolate TOYBOY satisfies the dog's natural need to gnaw Stronger and longer-lasting than toys made of other materials Will not splinter and are safe TOYBOY helps to keep teeth clean and massages gums Hygenic and can be washed or even boiled Vanilla or chocolate flavour SMALL BONE...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Mine don't like them, infact they totally ignored them
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Woody didn't even look at his nylabone until we had to stop giving him chews and bones.

Now he loves it and will also go get it for a quick chew while we're eating or to wind down at the end of the night.
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2009, 09:36 PM
i was looking at one of my books the other day from 1970 - even thought i wasnt born till 1986 it was my mums beagle book, anyway they had nyla bones in that how old are they anyway?? lol

onlyo ne of my dogs likes it shes had it for ages everything else is destroyed eaten in less than 2 minuets , the other dog only wants it when the other one is chewing it!!!

ive stood on it to! i thought something had bitten me at first!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Hannaho View Post
i was looking at one of my books the other day from 1970 - even thought i wasnt born till 1986 it was my mums beagle book, anyway they had nyla bones in that how old are they anyway?? lol

onlyo ne of my dogs likes it shes had it for ages everything else is destroyed eaten in less than 2 minuets , the other dog only wants it when the other one is chewing it!!!

ive stood on it to! i thought something had bitten me at first!
Amy who I lost 2 years ago age 16 had a nylabone which I still have somewhere making it 18 years old

They have been around for a long time..
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Banned in this house Charlie kept dropping them on my feet-very painful
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by kirstya72 View Post
Banned in this house Charlie kept dropping them on my feet-very painful

Banned in this house too... Nylabones smacking hard against your ankles hurts LOTS!!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >