Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Buy a mac
Better option than the typical 1st choice. However, there's nowt wrong with PC hardware, it's just what typically runs on it...
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-09-2009, 05:47 AM
OK, since you started this thread, I've come to two conclusions.

Firstly, Windows 7 will be more of the same old rubbish.

Secondly you can't rely on sales people to give you honest recommendations to fit your needs.

This is off the back of the thread I started called Nice try MS and news all over the tech sites at the moment like this one.

Basically, MS feel the need to offer training to retail partners that amounts to outright lies on a lot of points. this tells me they are not confident in their product and are scared stiff of the competition.

I will not and do not lie about Linux. Here is one + and one - point as an indicator.

No, really, you do NOT need to run anti virus. Linux is SAFE from that point of view.

It's hard to find a PC with it pre-installed. Installing any operating system is daunting to non tech users.

On the - point, I have solutions if anyone is interested. Ask for more info...
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-09-2009, 03:42 PM
windows 7 will be worth using over vista as even ms has admitted a while back they made a "mistake" with vista but like a few have said wait for windows 7 to get a few less bugs.

by the way you ever hear the joke about vista? it's rumoured to stand for Virus Intrusive Spyware Trojan Adaware just shows how well liked vista isn't! hehe
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Phew thanks guys for all the input. I decided, in the end, to wait for Windows 7 to come out rather than have to install it myself on one already running Vista but Rich, I will look at the links/info you have put up, thanks.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2