View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Spare room in mine is the guest room, complete with nice guest bed, however, it also doubles up as my library/computer room. Or at least that was they idea. It has been taken over by the cats and is now full of things like heavy duty thows over the bed, over the radiator beds, scratching post come perching tree and numerous toys for them (plus whatever they can steal from other rooms and hide up there)
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 08:03 AM
My. Spare room is used as a dumping ground for OH's stuff. At the moment it has all his sports gear in it so a dartboard, cricket kit, 2 golf bags and a bike plus all his bits of kit. There are also numerous bags of Navy uniform in there.

Hopefully it will get tidied today though as he's got one of his navy mates coming to stay tomorrow night!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-08-2009, 08:10 AM
we've got 2 spare bedrooms both are set up as bedrooms, although the fitted wardrobes are pretty full in both rooms and both have stuff stored under the beds. So at a quick glance they look lovely and neat and tidy because everything is out of sight.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Our spare room is the dog bedroom (They have a double sofa bed!), but it also houses OH's multi-gym!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Guinea pig room, for our rescue guinea pigs.
That is amazing!! What lucky little guinea pigs! Great pics .
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 12:57 PM
One spare room is my office, as the ex has the study downstairs. But my office also has a sofa bed in it and the cats live there.

The other spare room has my ex in it...... for now.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Upstairs is a brand new loft extension, so I now have huuuuge double aspect bedroom overlooking open fields, then a short hop across the landing to a brand new shower room, and then there's the other new double bedroom which I WAS going to turn into a guest room, but considering we don't like people visiting, let alone staying, I decided to turn it into a nice big dressing room, so it's now equipped with sliding door wardrobes and chest of drawers and it's all for MEEEEEEE and I love it!!!

I was used to a bedroom where I was all squashed up in the corner, no room for a big wardrobe coz I had two big blow up mattresses on the floor equipped with duvet's for my big gsd's who took up the whole room Now I'm in heaven, I can spread myself around a bit

You have to decide what would suit YOU best, if you have lots of peops who you'd like to stay over, then turn it into a spare room, but that's such a waste to me! Turn it into a little office for your puter perhaps? Turn it into a wet room if you've got the cash?
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I WAS going to turn into a guest room, but considering we don't like people visiting, let alone staying, I decided to turn it into a nice big dressing room, so it's now equipped with sliding door wardrobes and chest of drawers and it's all for MEEEEEEE and I love it!!!
We've all taken the hint there H! lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Lol Becky, friends are always welcome, just so long as you don't stop over, or stop too long!!!! I've only actually had a doorbell for the past 2 years, so my poor friends had to stand t'other side of the 6ft driveway gates and yell, or the dogs would let me know, and the front gate is always locked (coz of the dogs out in the garden), and it's too far away to hear anybody shouting down there, so I just ignore it! Sometimes I turn that bell off too!!!! I blame Dave, he's not a people person, unlike me!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
decided to turn it into a nice big dressing room, so it's now equipped with sliding door wardrobes and chest of drawers and it's all for MEEEEEEE and I love it!!!
I`m with you on that.. we had two spare rooms one we turned into a dressing room and on suite... the other is still the spare room, where we store the gym equipment (dont use it ) and most other stuff we have no use for...

But the dressing room has wall to wall wardrobes 3/4 of them are mine. and I even have one on the other wall for all my SHOESSSSSSSSSS and HANDBAGSSSSSSSSSS bliss!!!!!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >