Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by bitsy View Post
i too use synoquin it is amazing, my pup has hip displaysia and it works wonders in easing her movement.
Excellent. Pleased it's helping with your puppy.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Thanks for that, I know the ones you mean. Glad they worked for your boy.

It's good to know this has had positive results with your Benson, Hammer. Definitely one to consider for later on in their lives. At the moment I'm looking for supplements that I can add to their meals now to help them on their road to old age.
a good quality food,designed for her type and age,will have all that she needs if she is fit and healthy. (what do you feed her?)
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
a good quality food,designed for her type and age,will have all that she needs if she is fit and healthy. (what do you feed her?)
Thanks.

Molly is almost 6 years (Westie) and is fed on mainly chicken and rice Burns with some JWB sachet mixed in. Occasionally tuna, chicken or Nature Diet is mixed in with the kibble instead of JWB. The lower protein content of the kibble is better suited to her.

Same as above with Roxy (Basenji X BC) except she is fed on lamb and rice Arden Grange Adult as I feel the slightly higher protein content in that is better for her overall health and coat condition.

Their treats mainly consist of JWB, Burns, AG and fish4dogs treats, along with a half a Dentastix after their evening walk.

Roxy's age, 8 1/2 years, combined with one or two other factors had made me decide that I'd like to put her on senior food now, probably AG senior for the moment when I next buy some kibble.

Both dogs are fit and healthy.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks.

Molly is almost 6 years (Westie) and is fed on mainly chicken and rice Burns with some JWB sachet mixed in. Occasionally tuna, chicken or Nature Diet is mixed in with the kibble instead of JWB. The lower protein content of the kibble is better suited to her.

Same as above with Roxy (Basenji X BC) except she is fed on lamb and rice Arden Grange Adult as I feel the slightly higher protein content in that is better for her overall health and coat condition.

Their treats mainly consist of JWB, Burns, AG and fish4dogs treats, along with a half a Dentastix after their evening walk.

Roxy's age, 8 1/2 years, combined with one or two other factors had made me decide that I'd like to put her on senior food now, probably AG senior for the moment when I next buy some kibble.

Both dogs are fit and healthy.
hiya
sounds fine to me expecialy(sp) the 'arden grange senior'and fish4dogs i would keep her slim and fit and save your money imo nothing else is needed yet.
ETA...what other factors? if you dont mind me asking.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
hiya
sounds fine to me expecialy(sp) the 'arden grange senior'and fish4dogs i would keep her slim and fit and save your money imo nothing else is needed yet.
ETA...what other factors? if you dont mind me asking.
Oh yes, she's always been slim and healthy, no problems there.

It's just that in the past few month or so, with the same amount and type of food, and the same amount of exercise, Roxy has started to 'hold' a tiny bit of extra weight around her chest area. She is not fat, don't get me wrong, but it's just that I felt there was 'something' there, if you know what I mean! So, I cut her kibble down by almost a third every day and that seemed to do the trick.

I'm due to buy more kibble for Roxy and I feel now that it's time for her to go on to senior.

Oh, they also get a drizzle of EV olive oil added to their tea every night as well. Hopefully this Italian addition to their diet should help them too! It certainly helps their coats and skin, I feel.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh yes, she's always been slim and healthy, no problems there.

It's just that in the past few month or so, with the same amount and type of food, and the same amount of exercise, Roxy has started to 'hold' a tiny bit of extra weight around her chest area. She is not fat, don't get me wrong, but it's just that I felt there was 'something' there, if you know what I mean! So, I cut her kibble down by almost a third every day and that seemed to do the trick.

I'm due to buy more kibble for Roxy and I feel now that it's time for her to go on to senior.

Oh, they also get a drizzle of EV olive oil added to their tea every night as well. Hopefully this Italian addition to their diet should help them too! It certainly helps their coats and skin, I feel.
i dont think you need any advice!!!(you've answered it yourself.lol)
i think you should declare this thread closed!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 08:58 PM
i dont think you need any advice!!!(you've answered it yourself.lol)
i think you should declare this thread closed!
Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2