View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2009, 07:44 PM
The only good thing about being inside which didn't really help my dogs was that coming from Staffordshire as we do a lot of our open shows are at Stafford show ground so my dogs are actually used to showing in those horrible halls. The only champ show that Simba has been to before was a breed club show so no were near as big as the hound show but he was familar with the hall so thankfully he was ok.

Walking between the benches 3 whippet bitches had a right go at my boys. Fortunately they didn't get hold of them so no damage was done. A woman was sat on the benches holding them didn't even have them on tight leads and didn't apologise either.

The whippet BOB went B I S I think
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Hi Freya was your judge Bo Bengston or Magnus Hargstedt? I had to collect Magnus from Heathrow yesterday and another judge who had come from Helsinki whose flight was 5 hours late and get them up to Stafford. I was entered today but could not face bathing my bitch and doing another lot of driving! They kept asking what the weather forecast for today was!!!!! I only knew what had been forecast for the SOUTH and told them it was going to good.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Windhound View Post
Hi Freya was your judge Bo Bengston or Magnus Hargstedt? I had to collect Magnus from Heathrow yesterday and another judge who had come from Helsinki whose flight was 5 hours late and get them up to Stafford. I was entered today but could not face bathing my bitch and doing another lot of driving! They kept asking what the weather forecast for today was!!!!! I only knew what had been forecast for the SOUTH and told them it was going to good.
Magnus Hargstedt was our judge I didn't like him and shall not be entering under him again. My young dog was entered in 2 classes and in the second one he didn't even acknowledge I was in the ring even though the steward had told him I was there. He moved the rest of the class and was about to place them when the steward again told him I was there. He told me to join the class moved us altogether then told me to leave the ring which just left him with the original class. I didn't think this was fair even if he didn't like my dog then he could have at least given me the chance to stand him at the end instead of just asking me to leave.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Magnus Hargstedt was our judge I didn't like him and shall not be entering under him again. My young dog was entered in 2 classes and in the second one he didn't even acknowledge I was in the ring even though the steward had told him I was there. He moved the rest of the class and was about to place them when the steward again told him I was there. He told me to join the class moved us altogether then told me to leave the ring which just left him with the original class. I didn't think this was fair even if he didn't like my dog then he could have at least given me the chance to stand him at the end instead of just asking me to leave.
How rude of the judge to do that
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 12:17 PM
That is very ill mannered, if you pay your money you expect the judge to at least consider you in their final placing.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2009, 03:56 PM
I just wish I had put Simba's dad Owen in the veterans class. He is only just 7 years old so I didn't bother as all the champions usually come to the hound show. There were only5 went in it and at least one of them Owen beats every time at shows. It would have been interesting to see what he would have done.

Simba doesn't like being gone over by the judge and fidgits but 1 of the dogs he placed in the yearling class hardly let him touch it at all Simba for a change never moved. Needless to say the other dog was handled by a face.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2