View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2005, 05:31 AM
If you want to enter a show enter don't worry about what the judge is supposed to "prefer" I mean how can a brindle staff win when all the dogs entered are reds and vice versa?

Take care and enjoy yourself. Karen
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-05-2005, 08:04 AM
I enter shows cos I enjoy it I don't care who the judge is. Like Lel I do try and find out a bit about what the judge prefers but I still enter regardless
Last year I entered NW SBT champ show and later found out by someone who breeds and shows reds (and is a judge herself)that they weren't going as the judge was a definite black judge, I thought what the hell I'm entered now. But I was put off a bit when I went in my class and Toesy was the only red of 17 B/brindles. I expected to be binned straight away, so I was shocked when he whittled them down to about 8 and Toesy was the first one he picked out. He ended up getting 3rd place which I was over the moon with, it makes it even better knowing his preferance is blacks and he placed a red in front of about 14 of them.
So I say if you don't enter you can't win

Mitch
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Venus go to the show and enjoy the day regardless, the placings are just one persons opinion, is the opinion worth anything, you will have to judge that,
venus
Dogsey Junior

13-05-2005, 04:18 PM
thanks for the opinions, i will be going, and like you say i will always be bringing home the best dog, (in my opinion anyway!!!) thanks again x x x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2