View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I would love to own one, have flown them a few times, mostly a Harris Hawk, and I loved it. Amazing birds.

Fab pics Phil

We have a lot around here, including Turkey Vultures, which do give me the creeps TBH
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 01:25 PM
This has always been one of my "things to do before I die", I just love all bop. We watched a fantastic flying display on the IoW recently and he was from Scotland, lovely young chap who made it real fun, his naughty hawk kept flying inbetween me and Dave's head!!! His falcon was even naughtier and wouldn't come down from the post unless he stopped swinging the bait, coz he didn't want to have to work for it! Lol! Soooo intelligent these birds, I adore them, they're spectacular to watch up close. Shall I find out who it was that I saw Kirsty and maybe if he lives near you you could go along and pay him a visit??
Rafiki
New Member!
Male 

13-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Hi Moobli
Living near a Grouse moor doesn't mean you can't fly a BOP.It depends what do you want the bird to do.What do you have in mind?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Keepers would just LOVE that!!
Exactly! We have loads of wild BOPs up here, but don't think it would be viewed too favourably if I had a pet one!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I don't 'own' one but I love them. I've had a go a few times though.

Some pics for you........
Thanks Phil - those are FAB!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
My parents fly harris hawks and redtails.. I go along with them, but much prefer being in charge of dog and camera than a bird! I have some pictures of the other weekend but due to a "Photobucket Exception" I can't seem to post them. Will try and add them tomorrow instead!

ETA: They're not as good as Phil's though!
I look forward to seeing them
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
This has always been one of my "things to do before I die", I just love all bop. We watched a fantastic flying display on the IoW recently and he was from Scotland, lovely young chap who made it real fun, his naughty hawk kept flying inbetween me and Dave's head!!! His falcon was even naughtier and wouldn't come down from the post unless he stopped swinging the bait, coz he didn't want to have to work for it! Lol! Soooo intelligent these birds, I adore them, they're spectacular to watch up close. Shall I find out who it was that I saw Kirsty and maybe if he lives near you you could go along and pay him a visit??
Please Helen, thanks.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
Hi Moobli
Living near a Grouse moor doesn't mean you can't fly a BOP.It depends what do you want the bird to do.What do you have in mind?
I don't live near one though, I live ON one, and it wouldn't be looked upon favourably at all by the boss or the keepers

I haven't a clue what I would want to do with the bird, just fly it LOL!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Phil, those are fabulous-looking birds, especially the first (by a short hair!).

Occasionally, our garden gets overflown by hen-harriers and kestrels, scanning the area for rats to marmalise.

My cousin lives in Aviemore , though, and she gets visits from ospreys (REALLY gorgeous birds!)

Snorri
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Please Helen, thanks.
Here's the man Kirsty, and he does more than any falconry display has ever done, and they've now got a golden eagle! They do courses too!

http://www.whitefalconry.co.uk/courses.php
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >