View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 10:37 PM
I had a bitch JR that used to run upstairs and hump a huge teddy that sat in the corner of the boys room, when she came down she'd be worn out with a bit grin on her chops.
We used to have friends over and you'd hear thud thud thud on the ceiling, friends would ask ''what that'' well..........

Don;t think she was displaying dominance though.........well unless she thought the bear needed to be dominated.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Donny dog View Post
Ok, I'll talk straight.

Ruby is humping. There, I've said it! She has started to display her sexual needs and seems to really really fancy denim! If you lot could have seen Martyn's face when she initially decided that 'it didn't feel too bad', when dad's jeans became available.

Anyway, by the by. We've been told today that it may be a dominance thing. Have any of you oracles got views on this? I think it's hilarious, Martyn, for some reason, doesn't!

Selfish sod!!
Hi Donny dog forget dominance (there's that terrible word again). As puppies grow they 'practise' a range of behaviours sometimes inappropriately.

When a puppy humps, people frequently laugh with with embarrassment, so the puppy repeats the behaviour because it was rewarded with attention.
The best course of action is to either ignore the behaviour or to distract the puppy with a toy (a squeaky toy often works well ).
MoonlightMadnez
New Member!
Female 

12-03-2009, 01:28 AM
My dog Bonnie would use to do this when she got very excited when she was younger, she would try humping our leg or her lead etc.

When we recently moved house though we found at one point she had started doing this again and more regularly and would grab and lick our legs. But after maybe a month or so she pretty much stopped doing this, so we started to think that maybe she was doing this to try and relieve some of the stress she might of had from us moving house and living in a completly new place.

I don't think neither of these occasions were due to her wanting to dominate. But I have also heard that dogs will sometimes do this to show their dominance towards another dog etc.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2