View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I've recently put mine back on Vitalin Lamb and Rice Sensitive which I find really good for my two, perfect poop!
I have also used Wafcol Salmon and Potato which is good for allergies but my 2 were producing too much poo and I wasn't happy with the Mr Whippy consistency! After a day on the Vitalin I noticed the difference, I wish I'd never taken them off it
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Milo is fed Nature Diet as it seems to be all he can tolerate with his allergies etc.
Shady has Chappie tinned chicken and rice flavour, as it seems the only thing that keeps her tummy settled, she has some mixer added and a little butchers tripe mix for variety on some meals.
Not sure if its coincidence or linked as Shady suffered a lot of weeing problems (crystals in urine and infections) and since being on Chappie she has never had to go to the vets with this problem again. I did try a few months ago changing her to Butchers instead of Chappie and she started having problems urinating again, put her straight back on Chappie and all returned to normal, without the need for a vet trip.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2009, 12:48 PM
My oldies eat Arden grange senior and the other one eats Arden grange lamb and rice.

I have used before now JWB ,burns and CSJ and RAW but keep going back to Arden grange and its where I am staying.
Ity gives them and nice coat and keeps the weight on.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Jess is fed a raw diet, so gets lots of meat It suits her sensative tummy to the t
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Natures Menu frozen nuggets complete. No additives, just raw meat, veg and salmon oil. A bit pricey but works for us as my Ozzy has itchy skin. He has his nuggets on a dinner plate and thinks hes the bees knees
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:08 PM
James wellbeloved and butchers tripe meat mixd in. Kismet has some raw as well.
jossrocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I feed the pup on JWB kibble mixed with nature diet puppy. Zorch, our staffie has something called supadog!!?? biscuits mixed with PAH own brand meat, i know its cheap but he likes it and does well on it. i cant afford 2 expensive dinners!!!
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Burns lamb and rice with a bit of raw chicken or a bone once or twice a week.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi,

Both Zane and Ellie used to be fed a completely raw diet. But I was ordering meat from the butchers, not a dog meat suppliers so the dogs and my Son were eating properly and I was starving! DOing what I thought was best meant Zane and Ellie had the time of their lives eating steak every day - it was killin gme.

So I changed them to raw twice a week and on other days they have a 50:50 mixture of Autarky/JWB kibble puppy dried food with a wet food pouch added. For breakfast every morning they have a tin of sardines (17p per tin ) with boiled rice. This keeps their poop (especially Zane's) nice and firm. If they get a little bit loose I add a little mashed potato, which has always worked wonders in this way for every GSD I've ever had.

Yiannis was on RC tinned meat only when he came from the DH and they gave me some to carry on with. He didn't get on too well with it and having been stray and a normal puppy who is always hungry, he was always looking for more "substance" to his food. So he now has 4 meals a day of the same dried kibble that Zane and Ellie have, with a few dried biscuits as treats if he's good (not very often then!). I add in half a wet food pouch (puppy food) JWB to his second and third meals of the day. His poop is now nice and firm, and more importantly, dead easy to clean up!.

Jen has told me where to go to get well priced raw diet foods for them so I'm going to switch back to raw, at least for Zane and Ellie straight away. I'll keep Yiannis as he is for now then once he's properly settled with us and his tummy has had chance to settle properly, I'll change him to raw also.

They seem to have shinier coats on raw, although the sardines for breakfast helps too.

Laura xx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Monty is fed Oscars Junior Pet Food. All the pups in his litter were fed on the Oscars puppy food and as Monty was the last one to leave we were given half a bag of it free by our breeder.

We decided to stick with it on the basis that the breeder had always fed Montys mum and her other Boxer on and they were both beautiful healthy looking dogs. Oh and also Monty loves it so thats always a bonus!

He currently gets a quarter of a tin of Pedigree Chum puppy food mixed in but i'm starting to think about swapping this for something else soon.

On Sundays he usually gets a bit of leftover meat from whatever we've had for Sunday roast!!
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »