View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rottiedad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
got laptop elain copyed photos from pc as its no good lol$ but laptop wont read disk or open files thats not part of vista also have to read emails off sky wont come to normal email and wireless wont work think thats enough for now lol
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
No comment Lynne.
Thats why I like you so much Denis!!!

You know me and technology LOL

You had a lucky escape my next move was to pm you!!!

elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by rottiedad View Post
got laptop elain copyed photos from pc as its no good lol but laptop wont read disk or open files thats not part of vista also have to read emails off sky wont come to normal email and wireless wont work think thats enough for now lol
Bloody Hell, where do I start I hate Vista!!!! What I would do with the photos is from the old computer transfere them to a pen drive. They should work fine on the laptop then. Not sure about your e mails. What e mail server do you use?
You will have to give me so more info on the wireless
Elaine x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Bloody Hell, where do I start I hate Vista!!!! What I would do with the photos is from the old computer transfere them to a pen drive. They should work fine on the laptop then. Not sure about your e mails. What e mail server do you use?
Elaine x
You can always rely on Dogsey to give you something to keep you occupied on a cold winters afternoon LOL.

You are a star x
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Elaine x
Vista never bought it.

It was never a success IMO, I see MS are about to launch their new OS, I think I'll pass on that one too, " if something aint broke don't fix it " as the saying goes.

I'll stay with XP Mr Gates. Have a nice day.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Vista never bought it.

It was never a success IMO, I see MS are about to launch their new OS, I think I'll pass on that one too, " if something aint broke don't fix it " as the saying goes.

I'll stay with XP Mr Gates. Have a nice day.
Its on a public beta now, not had chance to look at it yet but by all acounts its ment to be quite good from what I hear. I agree though I do prefer xp to vista
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Another question for Elaineb

My OH was getting a piece of paper that was stuck in the printer and tipped it up. We had ink everywhere!! He did try his best and dried it all out so we thought, but now a couple of days later' although it will print, it won't scan or send faxes but will receive them. The message on the printer screen says cannot scan see troubleshooting. Well all that says is to unstick the paper, but there isnt any. I think that the ink that OH didnt manage to get to , maybe it has dried out now somewhere in the works and is clogging it up and stoppin it workin???? Could that be? Have you any tips please. Its a Brother MFC-410CN. Thank you
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Another question for Elaineb

My OH was getting a piece of paper that was stuck in the printer and tipped it up. We had ink everywhere!! He did try his best and dried it all out so we thought, but now a couple of days later' although it will print, it won't scan or send faxes but will receive them. The message on the printer screen says cannot scan see troubleshooting. Well all that says is to unstick the paper, but there isnt any. I think that the ink that OH didnt manage to get to , maybe it has dried out now somewhere in the works and is clogging it up and stoppin it workin???? Could that be? Have you any tips please. Its a Brother MFC-410CN. Thank you
I think that's for the professionals jobby. I would take it into somewhere like Ink world, you know that shop that sell cheap inks, they do services on printers, because we use to take our old one there, they can give it a good clean and test for you. don't mess with the innards whatever you do.
Sorry not much help here.
Elaine x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Its on a public beta now, not had chance to look at it yet but by all acounts its ment to be quite good from what I hear. I agree though I do prefer xp to vista
Sticking with XP, mind you my laptop is Vista, it's just sooooo bloody careful. It wont let you think for yourself.
Elaine x
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks Elaine, I did think that we would have to take it somewhere.
Its good to know that we have one of the dogsey gang thats in the know with puters
Thanks again
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >