Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Sorry to hear it isn't getting better

Here are some links that might be helpful, they are mostly meant fo r greyhounds, but if you can turn around a greyhound to co exist with a cat peacefully, it may give you some help. My Mack is getting much better with the cat, but he has never been aggressive towards her, just too bouncy and over the top. Thank goodness for dog gates

http://www.petgreyhounds.info/cats.htm

http://www.grwe.co.uk/care.htm
Thanks for that will have a good read

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I quite understand, your situation calls for drastic action imo! I hope this might be the answer for you both!
Oh so do i, i really do, at least having the muzzle on will also protect her from getting scratched as the cats can be quite nasty too, will have to get them some gloves
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Good luck

They are not so bad when the dog gets used to them. We have one for Star when she has to have treatment done at the vet as she hates going. I prefer the basket ones as they can still pant without their mouths being restricted.
Thanks Carole, yes that is a good point and makes me feel a bit better about using it
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Did she do it before the season? Just wondering what the effects the season is having on the cat situation.
If you have to put it on her, think of it as a training device, which is what your doing it for, and really your protecting all of them in the long run.
Good luck, the basket type do allow movement, so it not like a halti etc.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Did she do it before the season? Just wondering what the effects the season is having on the cat situation.
If you have to put it on her, think of it as a training device, which is what your doing it for, and really your protecting all of them in the long run.
Good luck, the basket type do allow movement, so it not like a halti etc.
No not just the season, she did it before, BUT she had barely finished her last season when we brought her home, then obviously getting used to a new home with cats then, wallop, another season, so i guess we havent really had any calm periods
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Could be part of it, still settling in, learning the rules etc.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Could be part of it, still settling in, learning the rules etc.
I really do hope so, shes such a lovely dog otherwise, i think she is workable, the cat is on the kitchen table now, Ruby knows she is there and has jumped up a couple of times but has made no attempt to go for the cat (she has jumped on the table before to get to her) a firm NO and she gets down, so she does listen (when she wants to)

Shar pei are known to have a stubborn streak so i guess it will test how good an owner of this breed i am, or not as the case may be

Note to self: Must stop blaming myself
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes you should, you have said she listens, its better than nothing.
Your doing your best, stop blaming yourself, i am sure your'll crack it or her
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Hope things work out VV ((HUGS))
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 04:07 PM
I do hope it works for you, I know you have tried so hard to stop her behaviour with the cats
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys

Cant help feeling its a lost cause but i am going to try my best, i have actually emailed a behavourist today (just in case) not sure what his prices are like yet, not cheap i dont suppose but its one last thing to try before we give up
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >