Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Hello everyone,
Nice to see Dillon is helping with the computer Lynn
Done a wash, and a shop, and got a Beef stew in the slow cooker. Now need to mop the kitchen floor.
Need to get Rosie out on a run

Oh heck, came back from town, had dinner & thought I'd pop on here before getting ready for work - thought I'd pressed send to the above message to find out I haven't
Oops sorry
It's really dull out there, sun tried to break through then went back
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning all, thanks for the good wishes for Steve, Moyra...i don't think he is used to anyone saying well done to him, I know he never had it in his childhood. I did get a text at 4am this morning which is an improvement lol, normally he doesn't text me back.
Gnasher, my family and friends are quite good about keeping clear with the lurgy, Steve wouldn't let me go round last Sunday as he was poorly, it seems to be people I know but aren't close friends if you know what I mean. I hope your brother is doing o.k.
Will be back in a bit after something to eat and my tablets
Thanx Griff - he's fine - got metastatic melanoma which is usually a death sentence but he is the one in two thousand who respond well to chemo. He has had lymph glands removed from various places but he still has one I believe in his groin which they cannot remove but which has remained static for about 2 years now, which is really good news. He takes his chemo pills every couple of months I think it is and they make him pretty crap on the day but he bounces back quite well. He is a very ebulent character, very positive, and I think this helps. Fingers crossed things remain quiescent - thanx for your comments and I hope you too are doing as well as Tim xx
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Good day everyone. Mandy is definitely right about the dull day - up here it's shrouded oin mist and visibility is down to about 30 yards - it is, as we say up here, "like livin' in a bag!".
Brenda was right in as much as I have been watching the rugby over the weekend. Although I have posted a couple of times late at night.
Seems the winter curse has befallen the dogsey automobiles and the central heating has now come out in sympathy.
Hope everything can be fixed both cheaply and swiftly.
Both the Mem and I love the one of Dillon "helping" on the computer.
Well time has come to lock up the poultry, pigeons etc as it seems to be set for going dark early.
What a pity that this fog and mist will ruin any chance of us having a good view of tonight's Supermoon.
Had a visit this morning to the doc's for test results etc and it seems that I'm ticking over nicely at the mo'.
Will be back later - take care all, bye fer now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2016, 04:24 PM
No word from the garage, so hoping No New Is Good News, more likely to be the opposite though. Have changed tomorrow's bone run to Thursday. Been and sorted girls out, I had more shavings than I thought, so got at least another do out of them, if its dry then two 'do's' but forecast is not good for the whole week. Their lights are on already, they've had a raw carrot each and there's dinosaur bones for tea. Hoping car will be sorted by Wednesday and I can manage with shavings till then, phew!!
Its not nice here, so like LG says, its going be even worse the higher up you go. Hibernating weather.
I was going to start painting the back bedroom as just about beginning to come to terms with all that happened and I can move on, albeit slowly. Got paint and brushes, put old curtains down. Then it went dark quickly, so got the girls done instead. Once I get started on it I'll be fine, I've got a mental block about it, but almost through it now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2016, 04:25 PM
LG. Glad you are ticking over nicely at the mo, so the Doc is quite pleased with you. Take care, put the livestock to bed and I shall not be far behind them. lol.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2016, 04:29 PM
June it is surprising how long something like that can upset you. Hopefully once you get the room sorted it will be less of a reminder. Trouble is like my daughter they are never far from your mind, no matter how badly they have treated you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Yeah Moyra, I am the same. You give birth to them, so you can never totally wipe them from your life, you always remember the child you once had and not the adult they became
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Got these this morning this is how most mornings when Gorden is home are spent.
Oh how lovely In one of them it does look like he is actualy typing something. Maybe Gordon is dictating and Dillon is playing the role of the sexy secretary

We've never been able to get any of our Newfies up on the sofa, don't know why, maybe they aren't as comfortable as yours
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
..i don't think he is used to anyone saying well done to him,
It is sad when you think that parents can be so cruel. It just reinforces what I say to people 'Having kids is not a right it is a responsibility' and part of that responsibility is picking up a few books and learning about 'how to be a parent' it's not rocket science but some are so dumb I wonder how they worked out 'how to start' (if you get my drift )
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Picked car up an hour ago. Apparently it was shorting out and has knackered the battery. New battery needed and wiring sorted. £138.I knew there was something going on, its been very sluggish starting and there's been those odd occasions when the clocks been showing the wrong time, obviously meaning the electrics have shut down for a few hours. Glad its sorted, just the welding on Wednesday now, sigh So thats the heating allowance gone now, not that its in as yet, but when it is, then I will pay the garage bill that is now on a credit card.
Rather it did it now outside the house, and the garage can sort it rather than being miles from home.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >