View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2023, 05:29 PM
I can imagine, hopefully they can alter his meds to make everyone's life a lot happier.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-04-2023, 05:32 PM
well we now have a faster broadband with the new company but the telephone side is something else. The new company wanted information as proof such as the phone number- account and address in print from BT. Yes you guessed it BT yet again messing things up. Their telephone billing account does not have the telephone number on it, would you believe but the BT broadband billing account does, so we had to email over two pages to the new company so they can contact BT to take the line over' They seem happy with that so now just got to wait For BT to get their finger out and carry out their job which may take several days
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2023, 05:41 PM
Oh goodness Barry it's across the board stupidity.
Fingers crossed it is sorted to yours and Sue's satisfaction.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2023, 08:27 PM
Evening all
Chris, do you think there's anything that would be able to offset the side effects of the meds, it's a really hard situation, if Gary's fits seem better managed, that's great, but........you can't really be having the constant mood swings....nightmare!!
Lynn, I literally have no idea what to say. In all fairness, all of my dogs have been rescues of a description and not one has had any parental testing available, I have been quite lucky I guess.
Sue, hope you haven't been too busy levelling stuff and scarifying
Barry, hope your switchover went well?
Brenda, sorry the market was cancelled
Met geek on his break, gave him the paperwork he needs to cancel the tax.... trying to get an answer.... impossible!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2023, 08:55 PM
Not all Bernese breeders do the testing griff but the breed club advises them to. Quite a few new ones have come in since we got Ollie and Dillon, then it was only hip and elbow scores.
None of the tests even if clear give any guarantees but it is a good starting point to hopefully know you have a healthier puppy/dog and that the serious breeders are striving to better the breed and eventually eradicate a lot of the health problems Bernese suffer from.

Volvo was gone this evening. We had to drop the price a fair bit and have lost money on what we paid 6 months ago plus all the work we have paid out for, but the getting on and out was an issue for us so we needed to move it on.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2023, 09:51 PM
Epilepsy meds are renowned for irritability as a possible side effect.

When he had his brain injury, they put him on Keppra in the hospital and you've never seen anything like it. He was absolutely horrible. I kept telling the doctors that it had to be the meds and they kept telling me it was the injury. He came out of hospital. I looked up Keppra and weaned him straight off it and hey presto, more normal behaviour.

We've got away with these meds for quite a while (he has two different kinds), but both have irritability listed as possible side effects

It may just be his old head injury catching up with him (which I hope it isn't), but the coincidence is strange if it is.

Regardless, something has to give because none of us including Gary can go on as we are

I had nightmares getting Gary's bills sorted when he moved including one from the housing association who sent a letter saying he owed a considerable amount of money. I phoned them and they hadn't realised he'd moved so the money had been paid but on the wrong flat. Soon sorted, but a hassle and don't talk to me about the hassle we had with energy suppliers
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2023, 09:57 PM
Good evening all

A flying visit however Hello all.

Chris the brand of his medication has not changed has it? Glad he is back in touch to everyone catch you tomorrow shattered now.

Good night everyone
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2