Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by SusieL View Post
I'd stop him personally. Jade obviously isn't enjoying his attention and doesn't want to be bothered with him all the time so she must be getting really fed up of him I would have thought.
I agree with SusieL. I would never let a dog keep on behaving in that way.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm thinking Jade will take so much, no matter how tolerate she is,chances are eventually she'll put him in his place.Wouldn't want to be intervening if it got to that point!!He's still very young, but he still needs to know that this is unacceptable behaviour.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
As for the harness... she has it removed for baths etc. Otherwise I don't remove it. It's not tight. .
From the video it looks far to tight, harnesses are not designed to be left on 24/7.....as for removing it for baths.... How often is that, unless you are bathing her everyday, you are not removing it enough.

Leaving it on for your convenience , is a poor excuse
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:19 PM
It doesn't seem to bother her, but I guess if it's that big a deal... I can take it off and leave it by the front door

I am with my dogs all the time, and much like you see here, am here to supervise and make sure nothing gets out of hand.

She's being (VERY, VERY) good about this and I think she does deserve a reprieve. I'll begin stopping this, it's moderately annoying anyway.

Thanks for all input.. and please, by all means.. keep it coming!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Poor Jade. She is obviously bothered by it but trying her best to move away and can't 'rest' with him.

I could not put up with that high pitched yapping all the time either.

And Myra - that harness does not look comfortable on Jade it is scruffing her up round the neck.

My dog's collar comes off as soon as we get back and I put it down in the same place every time. Just inside the door. Couldn't you just put a hook somewhere to hang it on.

I think Jade needs some time away from the pup - perhaps put the pup in the crate for a while in another room and let her rest up. She is an old lady and she appears to be being VERY tolerant of his constant 'bothering' her.

You are with your dogs all the time as you don't work. You should be able to monitor and do something about this. And I really don't see how it's too much trouble to take the harness off Jade and put it on her again every time you go out.
Yes, you're right. I didn't want to step in because I've always thought that the big dog will put pup in his place when she's had enough, but she just doesn't seem to have the temperament to do so anymore.

I'll start hanging the harness near the front door with the leashes, and hope nobody moves them or something. Also, I did crate him for a while once it began to get super annoying.

It's strange because at first, she'd really try and correct him and is normally not such a tolerant dog, but now she doesn't really bother because he doesn't react to it well anymore. I guess it's time for me to step in.

Thanks.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Yep. Agree with the others. I would interview...b
Just by distraction. Call him away, do some training with him and then get something else tasty and chewy to occupy him in his crate so jade can have some time with just you. Remus is getting to that annoying little boy stage too..lol. He has started to ignore Tonks telling him to stop so I distract him....or Tonks goes and get something she really values so she an give him a real telling off if he comes near it...which he'll listen to. Her serious tellings off tend to be quiet...and he knows he has over stepped the mark.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Wouldn't let Betty annoy Mollie like that she is told no and given something else to do if she gets on Mollie's nerves. Living in a flat we can't allow all that barking at all.

Harnesses are taken off when we come in the front door and put back on when we go out, they are not made to be worn for long periods and that one doesn't seem to fit your dog properly at all. I guess it could be more convenient to keep one on but convenience and dogs don't go together often in this home, comfort is more important for the dog IMO
Kyllobernese
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2013, 04:04 AM
My Doberman puppy (now 5 months old) and almost 50 lbs. loves to tease Kiska, my 7 lb. Shih Tzu x Maltese. No matter how much she growls and flies at her, she just ignores her and will lie there and deliberately reach out with her foot and touch Kiska, Kiska will get mad at her, and it just goes on and on if I do not stop her.

I tell her to "leave it" and she is getting better but does love to tease her but I intervene as not fair to the older dog.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the new replies. He does like to tease her and it bothers her. I've been distracting him and putting him in time-out. It makes her days a lot better. He doesn't seem to be learning very well, but he'll get it... he's a smart little guy.
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-06-2013, 07:17 AM
The big dog is very tolerant and very well behaved but is obviously uncomfortable with this provocation. I noticed her looking up to you a couple of times? She seems to be waiting for you to help her and when you don't she turns to walk away to avoid further confrontation.
I think you should intervene to give her a break

Agree with the others about the harness, it should come off. She is a lovely old dog though, how did she lose her tail?
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >