Female 

20-05-2010, 12:42 PM
By putting hum out, you are reinforcing her elevated position

I agree i would get them checked over. Dogs are much more perceptive than us
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 12:49 PM
I was just letting him have a run around the garden or i would have had to put her out with him, and then all hell would have broke out because i was busy bathing one of the other dogs..I couldnt leave them together because although she is not nasty its not fair on him, so kind of prevent it happening before it had a chance to start..and thats when she went off at the window.
He would perfere to be in the garden anyway, and she wasnt getting any sort of attension after, as i was busy.
Karma has been checked over not that long ago we went when she was having a phantom, but it wont harm taking fable for a quick check, he loves the vets anyway
Thanks all..
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2010, 06:33 PM
I have had a bitch do something similar in the past...... and sadly it turned out that the border collie she went from loving and adoring to stalking about the house and trying to kill had an inoperable brain tumor. She picked it up long before either the humans in the house, the vets or the other dogs.

I think i would get your vet to rule out that there is anything wrong with your spinone as a first step.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 06:42 PM
ohh jeez Im so sorry about your dog!
Think we will defo need to full illness out, thank you for your post!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 08:13 AM
awww poor fable sounds like karmas being a naughty girl dont really know what to say to you to be honest, other than good luck, and im sure it will work itself out in the end.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Have just been reading this...... I have a similar problem which I have just posted about, but wondered how your two are getting along now, are things any better - did the problem resolve itself or what are you doing about it if anything?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgir View Post
Have just been reading this...... I have a similar problem which I have just posted about, but wondered how your two are getting along now, are things any better - did the problem resolve itself or what are you doing about it if anything?
Sorry to hear this - its hard isnt it
we had Fable checked out after the advice on here, and there is no problem with him, so we ruled out Karmas behaviour being due to Fables health.
we have been rewarding her for being calm and kind around him.
I have started just taking them two out on there own, and seprate from the other dogs and having run on the feild.
I want her to not see Fable as a threat, and her to know it can be fun with him. Since i started this thread Karma seems to have started to 'respect' Fable abit more again. we have had no lunging at him, no barking or any of the other odd behaviour from before.

Hope you get some where with yours, I know its so hard!
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Sounds like the little minx may be challenging for top stop DD!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
Sounds like the little minx may be challenging for top stop DD!
This is actually what my mum said, Karma had lived next to her mum all her life! Now her mum has been taken away because she has had pups so was away from Karma for some weeks raising her pups. Now the pups are older Karma and Taro have started mixing again (which as you i just posted and said Karma has calmed down)!! Karma is now just over two and she has been challanging her mum for top stop for a while with out much success shall i add

But i couldnt take the risk, hence i have worked with Fable and Karma..because even if it was due to Taro not knocking Karma in her place, i feared that without spending time with Karma and Fable things would have stayed the same, as in her eyes she was getting away with it.

I think i shall wait for Karma to have one more season and have her spayed any how!
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
You need to let her know that you are in charge DD!! You are top dog not her!!!
If only I could praxctise what I preach!!! lol !!! mine walk all over me!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >