View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:40 PM
16 weeks fit free is (was) great, Linda. Sorry about the cluster today, and Loki's mad behaviour now. Hope his sickness and plant eating is just a foible and passes soon.

Big huges to you all, especially dear Loki x0x0x0x0x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2009, 08:46 PM
That's interesting about cow parsley, I never knew that one. Sounds like Loki was looking for something calming and also needed to empty his bladder.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Gentle hugs to Loki *hugs*
and hugs for you too xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 09:04 PM
So sorry to hear this Linda after 16 great weeks. Hope everything settles for you now and you get some rest. No idea about the eating habits but hope he's back to normal soon. Big hugs from us. xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 09:17 PM
So sorry to hear about Loki fits again, take a look on the internet about the things he;s eating....I know nettles calm the blood, very good if you have a heat rash....not sure why he's acting this way though.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Aw thanks for all your lovely wishes.

Hmm calming and diuretic - that is very interesting. I'll keep an eye on that. If nettles/prickles etc. will calm him hen he's like this I'll feed them to him myself! He's not too bad now, worn out and full up with food and thank God, no more fits.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi LS sorry to hear Loki has broken his fit free period ...

Do you know anything about human epilepsy. Just before seizures some people experience an 'aura', this can be in the form of a heightened sense of smell or taste. In ancient medicine various scent stimuli were used to try to prevent a seizure. Maybe something similar happens with dogs and Loki was trying to utilising some natural form of seizure prevention.

Is the cow parsley out already where you live, it is very early.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi LS sorry to hear Loki has broken his fit free period ...

Do you know anything about human epilepsy. Just before seizures some people experience an 'aura', this can be in the form of a heightened sense of smell or taste. In ancient medicine various scent stimuli were used to try to prevent a seizure. Maybe something similar happens with dogs and Loki was trying to utilising some natural form of seizure prevention.

Is the cow parsley out already where you live, it is very early.
Hi Mini - yes, I just looked it up on the internet and it is cow parsley from the pictures. That's really interesting, the seizure prevention, thanks for that. I will have a look around on the internet - although I tried to stop him (worrying about poisons) maybe sometimes dogs know what is best for them, eh?

Thanks.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

25-04-2009, 09:56 PM
So sorry to hear Loki has had another fit. Hope he fee;s better soon. Comforting cuddles to you both.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 01:37 AM
So sorry to hear he had a cluster especially after 16wks, hope he is settling down and back to his usual self soon.

((((hugs)))) to you all.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >