View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 05:29 PM
My fold up bike has kevlar tyres but they are not indestructible, so not all fold up bikes do not have good tyres.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2011, 05:33 PM
ive tried it, my road bike was way too fast for her, and not suited to where we go anyway. Any slower was too frustrating for me, so i took up running!
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
ive tried it, my road bike was way too fast for her, and not suited to where we go anyway. Any slower was too frustrating for me, so i took up running!
Now that is far to energetic

I ride with Culotte most evenings in the summer she sets the pace but if she is going to fast I shout her to stop and wait, we only do about 5 ks but she has a swim in the river at half way, she loves it
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I used to until by bike was stolen from my garden. Bo LOVES it and used to go crazy when I got it out of the shed. She can still outrun me on the bike even when I'm going as fast as I can peddle. I would never ever ride with her on a lead though -- that would be a deathwish with her. I did it once and ended up going over the handle bars, got battered and bruised and Bo ended up with a big gash down her leg. She saw a cat and that was that -- my stupid fault for even attempting it with a dog like her!

I think getting a new bike for the new year is an order. Biking is great exercise and really gets the heart going.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I think getting a new bike for the new year is an order. Biking is great exercise and really gets the heart going.
i do love cycling, its where my user name comes from. I have a specialized dolce

i think she would be ok with my mountain bike, but i lost a passion for that after smashing my face downhilling. its safer for me to be playing with the traffic (minus the dog of course)
EllaP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Sounds like a great idea, I might try it with Coco. His previous owners used to take him jogging apparently, which I've done a bit of, although Coco's clearly a lot more fit than I am LOL

So maybe a combo of jogging (will be good for me too!) and biking (will need to get a new front tyre first though as my mountain bike has been sitting in the shed for about 3 years with a flat tyre)
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 07:17 PM
..... i do had an old woman shout at me for being so cruel ... yeah right coz sibes n csv's are not deigned for long distances at a steady trot!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks all very much for the interesting replies. Does anyone use one of those fancy gadgets that tell you how fast you are going and how far traveled?

I have a mountain bike at the parents which I take her out on sometimes but its a hassle as it does not fit IN the car, we do have a rack somewhere though I think. I take her by the river thames on it though and its nice, I'd love to do it more and I think now she's 17 months old I can start thinking about it more

However seeing as I'm only at the parents 1 day a week its not much use. I did consider buying a really cheap second hand bike and chaining it out the front of the flat (no garden hence the fold up bike in car idea, and don't want to risk my nice one) but I think it would get stolen fast sadly
Perhaps I should see if I can take a fold up on a test drive to see whether it would be suitable.

I love cycling, did the London to Brighton a few years ago so would love to do it more with Kestral. She's very good with the bike Roll on Spring, I had been looking forward to the winter but the lack of snow is ruining it for me!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Thanks all very much for the interesting replies. Does anyone use one of those fancy gadgets that tell you how fast you are going and how far traveled?

Yes I had my bike man fit it onto the bike, it tells me how far I have gone in m'km, what my speed is at the moment and average speed over the period. I got it when I was training for the AD

They are very cheap but I am not good at DIY
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
They are very cheap but I am not good at DIY
Sounds good DIY is what the men in the family are for!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >