Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Harley & Me View Post
From what hubby has told me when he takes Harley to the toliet they do put him off so he comes back without going.

However in the house he seems to be fine most of the time, like now he is just laying there. Weird really as he hears everything and normally feels he has to alert you to every tiny pathetic noise.
Poor Harley, hope he doesn't burst!
Mo is the same, she is alert to everything else but doesn't care at all about fireworks.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Well we have a mixed reaction here.

Hoki loves them - she stands at the open back door (while we're having a ciggy) staring at the sky in the hope that there'll be some for her to try and chase.

Stumpy hates them - she curls up in a small ball and if they are really lound she shakes. If they were more constant I'd take her out to play with the hose which I think would distract her, but everytime I get ready to do that, they stop

Tip's not quite sure what to do - when he's inside he keeps looking up at the ceiling but when he sees Hoki getting excited about them, any fear on his part disappears.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well we have a mixed reaction here.

Hoki loves them - she stands at the open back door (while we're having a ciggy) staring at the sky in the hope that there'll be some for her to try and chase.

Stumpy hates them - she curls up in a small ball and if they are really lound she shakes. If they were more constant I'd take her out to play with the hose which I think would distract her, but everytime I get ready to do that, they stop

Tip's not quite sure what to do - when he's inside he keeps looking up at the ceiling but when he sees Hoki getting excited about them, any fear on his part disappears.
Lol, trust Hoki, I can just imagine it!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Well thankfully we don't have any tonight but New Years Eve is the big day for fireworks here. The nearest is about three miles away - Rianna is not too bothered but Baruska, who is normally not afraid of any creature, is very nervous and shaking when the bangs start.

I put it down to the fact that she can't 'see' the source of the noise, anything she can see and confront she's not afraid of it.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well thankfully we don't have any tonight but New Years Eve is the big day for fireworks here. The nearest is about three miles away - Rianna is not too bothered but Baruska, who is normally not afraid of any creature, is very nervous and shaking when the bangs start.

I put it down to the fact that she can't 'see' the source of the noise, anything she can see and confront she's not afraid of it.
I think that applies to a lot of dogs - its one reason I've always tried to take mine out to watch them - Hoki now loves them.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Well done, Mo!

Missy as you know is very noise sensitive.. and we have done many things to help her, from making a game of it, to getting her to "speak" at every bang, closing the curtains, turning the tv up and practising TTouch on her. She's now reasonably chilled when the fireworks go on .. in fact, this is her yesterday after there'd been a few bangs..

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 02:48 PM
jakes the exact same lol. i thought he wouldve been frightened but he doesnt bat an eyelid, he actually sat watching them going off next door one night

good change though, coz my last dog was terrified and used to hide everywhere. the bathroom was his favourite spot lol.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2