View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2017, 02:55 PM
All housework caught up with and most of the washing except for the sheets from bed changes today.
Having a sit down before a shower.
Plus Dillon groomed.
Thanks griff will pass on your best wishes to Gill. Spoke to her earlier two hours after her allotted appointment time then 4 attempts to get the needle in it went in beside her knuckle in the end. So she has lovely bruises.
Her tongue problem isn't thrush they think it is the chemo mix and steroids etc., so have given her a gargle. Plus special cream for her hands and feet as the skin splits and oozes white liquid, and all her nails are breaking.
She finishes in March. her cancer count is down by half but it will be the scan result when she gets it that determines if it is making a difference.
After all that she is still laughing.

Joel had an accident yesterday at football in school he twisted and pulled his groin are and has also chipped a bone in doing so. So he has to rest for two weeks in the hopes it starts to heal. If not he will have to have it pinned.

June sounds like you need the afternoon in bed.

The docklands light railway is driverless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Hiya all.

Lovely day here coldish but a nice breeze so did all the washing bar the bed change today. Plan on doing those tomorow if the same weather wise.
"Barry" the chiropodist been today to do "moms feet" comes every 3 months; lovely man. So on hold till Barry had been and gone hence the washing done.
Been out to the farm shop, iceland and Sainsburys - looking at holidays a week away for about the 22nd Jan thinking Maderia or the Canaries........see what takes our fancy tomorrow on descision day.

Continuing to strip the living room walls; and brought the emulsion for ceiling and gloss for skirting also brought the linning paper for the walls.

Glad everyone is on the move forward health wise...and Lynn good luck with the "getting the house sorted programme"
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Our trams in Manchester have only a driver and I'm not saying its all perfect, but its the passengers that are the muppets if anything goes badly wrong.
Thank goodness I only had one bale of shavings to bring in, phew, well everything is clean, deep beds are down and their chicken, veg, yogurt and cottage cheese is ready for their tea.
My back is hurting so much, no painkillers all week due to this flu/cold thing and the rain. Tomorrow I will have to dump the cold remedies and start back on the pain relief because I can barely move after lifting one bale of shavings and cleaning up. Light rain here again, been off and on all day.
They don't seem to have much care for Gill, Lynn. Things must be bad enough for her without them pratting about with needles.
Harvey you can get all the stuff that he would have had a pink fit at now, when the new people move in they'll never know any different.
Griff, well done with the training, you must be ready for a day long sleep after being so poorly with this bug, managing to start walks and go to training.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Ouch, poor Joel and poor Gill too, i was very lucky with my infusions, kept my hair and the worst thing to happen to me was pee blood and my feet swelled up that much i had to buy bigger shoes!!
TW, i think you are wise to do it a bit at a time
Harvey, the fence is a great idea...cheapish and makes an instant screen
ventured to town, first time in weeks....just got my dad a birthday card, some of my special oat milk and a wax and home, first time the dogs have been left in about 3 weeks and they seemed to be good
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2017, 04:30 PM
TW, i am ashamed to say i didn't get up until 11 am!!! lazy mare aren't i?
The thing with the chemo and the needles is often sown to poor technique...i had one woman go for literally everywhere on my arms and she ended up trying the side of my thumb where it meets your wrist, now i am covered in tattoos and piercings and have a very strong pain threshold but i did have to say to her stop and i would wait for the sister (jeanie was fab) she came over and bingo straight in no messing
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2017, 05:18 PM
As I'm Rhesus Negative I have to have weekly blood tests when pregnant,and the mess some of them made of it was awful, so I can truly sympathise with what people go through. Wish the technique was taught properly, because its bad enough having such an illness without them trying to finish you off when they take bloods.
Watching The Chase now, then all I have to do is hand teas out, check beds, and do their veg for tomorrow, get my tea ready, oh and wash up of course. Then its Holby, Silent Witness and I will not be moving
Poor Joel, does that mean he will be 'looked after' by his loving mother
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Plus special cream for her hands and feet as the skin splits and oozes white liquid, and all her nails are breaking.......................
The docklands light railway is driverless.
Amazing Gill can still smile after all that, really hope the results in March are good.
Yes had forgotten about the DLR

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Harvey you can get all the stuff that he would have had a pink fit at now, when the new people move in they'll never know any different.
Was thinking about that this afternoon, might just wait a few days but then just do it

Originally Posted by griff View Post
The thing with the chemo and the needles is often down to poor technique...i had one woman go for literally everywhere on my arms and she ended up trying the side of my thumb where it meets your wrist
You are right, we've probably all suffered from poor technique.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2017, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Amazing Gill can still smile after all that, really hope the results in March are good.
Yes had forgotten about the DLR

Was thinking about that this afternoon, might just wait a few days but then just do it

You are right, we've probably all suffered from poor technique.
I would get the stuff sooner rather than later just in case the estate agents happens to take a picture and it is not there....unless the stuff is just normal stuff most people would not object too.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2