Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by deez View Post
oh ive def got a teenager- selective hearing, answering back(well wooing back), and has even decided to start peeing in the house again! not today -touch wood!
Oh dear! Thank heaven we haven't got Tonks' weeing in the house,......i've enough to cope with the cat doing it!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 06:12 AM
I remember the teenage years very well. Lennon became a Devil Dog.

It will get better

catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I remember the teenage years very well. Lennon became a Devil Dog.

It will get better

I will put on a crash helmet, and top up my store of patients....i think it will be called for quite a lot!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 08:08 AM
lol yes its deff arrived ,i remember our dylan he was a little devil
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Yup I have a tearaway teenager in Kismet too She still recalls.. just... She still loves her squeaky ball though, so she still gets off lead time, but if all the Husky and Malamute stories are true, her off lead days are becoming numbered

Oh and training is becoming part argument and part negotiation... I say sit, she says, show me the money.. I show the treat, she sits, I say paw, she gives a paw, I say other paw, she says

"Damn it woman I have done all I can think of! It's only a bit of cheese! What more do you want from me, Look I lie down, I speak I throw my paws at you... I hate you! I don't want the stinky treat! I'm going to my room!!!"

Sigh...

I remember this with Selkie... I seem to recall it lasted about 2 years though!
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Ha Ha! Understand perfectly! My newly rescued Greyhound is twenty months and think as he did not really have a puppyhood he is combining puppy/adolescence. A unique phase. He loves to play. Fluffy toys, squeaky things the t.v. remote ( sadly not working anymore) ! Walks perfectly on the lead. Practising recall in the garden. Hmm! I say garden, its more like a racetrack now. Twenty circuits usually does the trick. Calm mode returns. Training resumed. He wont let me sleep past 0700. Lots of doggy speak. Licks any bit of flesh he can sniff out to wake me up. Have pretended to be asleep but he knows the difference! Apart from that he is a wonderful couch potatoe. Oh I miss lazing about on the sofa. Have hardly been able to squeeze on there since he arrived! Love him to bits though. Bless you Milo x
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
It's so frustrating - and i suppose i am at the begining of the wedge!

How old is Loki?
Loki is 2 and a half. We're almost there but he's been a right a***hole with the cat today, pushing him around, then giving me a really obsinate look when I tell him off. Little sod.
ananab00
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 04:05 PM
My little baby (4 months) started humping a toy last night! He hasn't done it since so fingers crossed we won't have to deal with him becoming a man too quickly!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Kismet has started humping her bed, I assume it's a build up of hormones... It's a little embarrassing though
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Haha nice to see that we are all going through similar things! Magpye your post made me laugh...Tonks does that "stick your treat" face too sometimes.

Tonks has redemed herself a bit today. She was great on the walk and was a little star at dog training, as usual.

Unfortunately she didn't get a proper play while we were tidying up after dog training as Rannoch (Slovakian RHP) didn't want to play there usual chase, skid and wrestle game, he wanted to play "sniff and lick Tonks' bottom!" Tonks was quite put out!

Just waiting for the season to start, I'm fed up with the swelling up and down but nothing happening!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2