View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Wouldn't happen, my own dogs are restricted to the utility room when I go out. I have several spare crates and her dog would have been in one of them in the conservatory.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 12:21 PM
I would ask her why it as ok to be left in my house, but apparently not hers !

I would never do this in the first place though, or at a push I would have kept the dog here in a crate.

I wouldn't risk leaving my dogs with a strange dog that I had no experience with.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 01:12 PM
It just wouldn't have happened with me. I would have left HER dog in the utility room with a bed, and my own dog indoors, coz I would never, ever leave 2 dogs who had only known each other for 5 minutes on their own together, ever! I am shortly taking on another gsd male that both me and Georgie know quite well from our morning walks, when his owner goes away for a day or two, but even though they know each other on a morning walk, I would never contemplate leaving them both indoors together, it just wouldn't happen with me!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Have to agree with the others, I can't see that I would have left them alone in my house. I'd have told her that I'd have to drop her dog back at her house while I was out. If she trusts me with her dog, I'd expect her to trust me with her house keys.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Julie how do you think them up

It just wouldn't happen here cos Mo will not allow another dog in the house
So if I was asked to do this I would have politely told her no, I couldn't, but I would pop in and ensure the dog was ok and walk it if necessary.
This is what I do for my neighbour, it always works ok
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Because I wouldn`t leave an unknown dog alone in my house this wouldn`t happen - but if it did I`d claim on the house insurance because it would be my fault for being so stupid in the first place.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
How do you come up with these!!! lol
Yes, and can you think of one for every weekend I'm off to have my dinner and will think about an answer and maybe post latter.

These questions are so difficult
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 06:34 PM
I'd think it were my dog, does sound like something she'd do!

If it were me I would have left the other dog in the kitchen or utility room alone and certainly wouldn't have left them both together. Maybe ask to look at her house and see if said dog has actually caused any damage there, chewing of doorframes e.t.c. In the end I suppose i'd claim on my house insurance as it would be my own fault leaving a dog I knew nothing about in my living room!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't even have considered leaving them unattended in my house together, let alone with access to the lounge....
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 07:23 PM
it wouoldnt happen...

china wont allow another dog in the house!

even if she did i wouldnt trust the two of them alone!

also....

how would you know your dog didnt do the damage after joining in with the neighbours dog!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >