View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I am not sure on where I stand on the way they take on the finished with breeding bitches from puppy farmers and then talk about the spotless kennels they came from ... Makes it so easy for them ti disgard and buy more breeding stock and doesn't educate on the wrongs of puppy farms
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
I am not sure on where I stand on the way they take on the finished with breeding bitches from puppy farmers and then talk about the spotless kennels they came from ... Makes it so easy for them ti disgard and buy more breeding stock and doesn't educate on the wrongs of puppy farms
Very good point. But what's the alternative? The sick farmers would just drown the dogs.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
sadly i agree but until we have an end to puppy farming there is little choice.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Just had a look at many tears site. What a lot of beautiful dogs. I could be oh so tempted but sadly live up the other end of the country, plus I live in a flat and I know round here if you live in a flat you can't get a dog. Silly rule as often people in flats take the dogs out more than people who have gardens
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Just had a look at many tears site. What a lot of beautiful dogs. I could be oh so tempted but sadly live up the other end of the country, plus I live in a flat and I know round here if you live in a flat you can't get a dog. Silly rule as often people in flats take the dogs out more than people who have gardens
I have neighbours with 2 dogs each side and they have basically never seen the world outside of the back gate so just because people have gardens as you say does not mean a damn thing.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Sadly they won't let me adopt as I will not neuter my boys, my bitch is neutered, if they were more flexible maybe it would be better...
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2010, 09:45 PM
I love the look of Conner, Yogi and Boo...
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I was also not allowed to adopt due to working hours even though I had already spoke with the fosterer who was so sure of me being able to take them, he actually phoned me to ask what had happened because he hadnt heard from them and said how unfortunate it was. Was only 2 days theyd be left alone for 4 hours fo as well, and they wouldnt accept my friend looking a fter them while i was at work. Was very disappointed at the time but if they hadnt said no i wouldnt have found totts so worked out in the long run
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 12:09 AM
i used to look at their site but can't any more. I love all dogs so much - all ages for different reasons. it upsets me to see so many needing help and I already have my "quota" so to speak so I can't take on any more.

By "quota" I mean I decided I could only have 4 dogs in the house as I can easily cope with 4. Any more and because of my knee I would struggles incredibly and at least one woudl miss out on a walk if I had 5 or more. So it would be difficult for me personally to even foster for a while.

I have fostered before for lcoa lrescues but the dogs weren't here very long and already had homes to go to before they came to me. So that always worked out well, both for me and the dogs involved. I had dogs that stayed only a night or two, Ihad a big fluffly GSD who stayed about 3 weeks and then I had Morris who was a typical "grandpa" dog. I could imagine him following my Gramps down to his shed, staying with him all day, sharing his lunch an dflask of tea then following him back intothe house when he'd finished pottering abut. He was here about 6 weeks and left just before Xmas.

There is also the problem that I also get upset when they leave me which I know is silly when they have good homes to go to. But I can't help it. I'm just hopeless where dogs are concerned and definitely soft touch.

Laura xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2