Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Sending positive vibes, will be thinking of you and your pup xx
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for your wee dog and sending positive vibes your way!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Hoping that your puppy has positive news tomorrow, so sad to read this x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-10-2006, 09:55 PM
hi Laura welcome to Dogsey. I am so sorry to hear about your puppy. I see you are in Turkey, I guess you have access to the same products we have here?

I had a similar situation with a cat some years ago and appreciate how difficult it is to keep them clean.

I am not sure if you can manage this but I would try to put the puppy on something like a closely slatted board or mesh frame of some kind so urine can run through and you can lift it up to clean underneath. On top of this I would make a bed and I would put a wad of 'one way nappy liners' a soft fabric that stays dry on top and allows urine to trickle through. In hospitals they use things called 'Kylies' that do this, you can buy them on the internet. You will also need to clean the puppies bottom and some baby wipes would be good for this. Make sure the puppy is warm at night, it can't curl up to keep warm.

I would keep the meals light and nourishing for now,things like chicken/fish/rice/scrambled egg/cottage cheese/ and of course fresh water where the puppy can reach it.

Good luck, I do hope we hear some better news soon..
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy

I have everything crossed here for you x
Springador
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your pup, hope everything is ok.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2006, 01:53 PM
So sorry to hear about your puppy I dfo hope someone can help her,sorry no advice re: k
eeping her clean,Minnies advice sounds excellent.Good luck and hope to hear some positive news.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Oh your poor pup.

Will be thinking of you both and sending positive thoughts your way.

I do hope everything turns out ok.
benimseker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Hello to all those people that gave me support when i most needed it. Seker pulled through the operation (well two operations) and is on her way to recovery.

Later after the 1st operation we discovered that her bladder had errupted and so she needed yet another operation on that

I am slightly worried about two things which i wonder if anyone can help me out with?

The vet has left ever such a small hole after the op which she said will help drain away all the bad stuff (will this ever close up)

Also she has not used any movement for the past 3 weeks and i am worried that her muscles and bones will seize up due to non movement? we are going to do physio on her in the next 10 days when she has her splint and bandages off so fingers crossed that will help

One last question, will this accident affect the personality or character of a dog? im worried as she is definitely not her self, understandable after what she has been through.

Thanks once again to everyone
Laura
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Im very glad to hear that Seker is getting better, the hole will close up eventually when it is ready, just keep it clean and wipe it with cotton balls and antiseptic spray every few hours.

As she has not had much movement for weeks, just let her do things at a very slow pace and get her moving once more gently, she will be sore but should get back to normal after a couple of months.

I dont know about her tempriment but would expect her to be quite petrified of traffic because of the nature of her accident.

I would avoid walks on the road side for a long while after she is better.

Good look to you both.

kye xxx
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >