View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2021, 06:32 PM
I don't expect to hear from her again. Have a good evening peeps.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2021, 07:20 PM
Hi all.

Think it must be that time of year, Lynn. My nephew had a break in night before last. They broke the door, put the dog in the dining room (he never muffed), got the car keys out of the kitchen drawer and took off. They did also pick up Lisa's purse with £35 in and her cigarettes (which she was most disgruntled about). They left her car and took my nephew's Golf.

It looks organised. One of his neighbours phoned him and told him there was a Cougar parked on the road that no one recognised. Nephew phoned the police and told them about it. By the time they came out, it had gone. That too was stolen and had been involved in a burglary. The police said they think they left it to see if anyone turned up as a lot of high end cars have trackers.

The heating saga continues. The guy turned up. Agreed it is faulty and has ordered a part (where have I heard that before) which should be here next week. Again, not holding my breath
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2021, 07:51 PM
Chris...fingers crossed that this engineer actually follows up and sorts it out. Sorry to hear your nephew had his car pinched and yes....they do park them up for a few days usually to see if anyone comes looking, they also know where the factory fitted trackers are and they whip them out in minutes.... always fit your own tracker!
Messaged my nice neighbour to say I had added to my decorations as she loved my existing ones....she is going for a scan so will get her daughter to drive past slowly so she can see, she said it cheered her up
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2021, 08:02 PM
Sorry about your nephews break in Chris, seems around Outwell the village next door to Upwell the village we lived in lots of people were reporting and posting on social media, vans and cars driving around not recognised by the locals and seemed to be stopping and nosing down driveways
Some of the houses unless you had business there you would not need to be there.
Reg numbers were given out.
I think this year it seems a lot worse than usual.
I have everything crossed the heating gets sorted Chris.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2021, 08:07 PM
meant to add to my previous post - do you think your daughter is reaching out Brenda. It could be a new beginning for you both if so
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2021, 08:53 PM
Doubtful Chris.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2021, 10:19 PM
Brenda, I don't really know why she got in touch if she was just intending not to bother again..... likewise, why inform you that she had married?? I don't really understand it, she hasn't acknowledged you reaching out before ( and I know how hard you have tried....and I told you that you are a better person than me!)..... Don't let it get in your head or bother you, she knows where you are and if you still want to, you can send her a Christmas card and birthday card, it must have come as a shock to you
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2021, 08:58 AM
I always send cards. But never hear back. Sent flowers this time because it was a special birthday back in September but not even a thankyou so no idea if she received them. Nope I won't let it get to me, at least I will try not to.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2