View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 01:25 PM
LOL ......there are not breeders ! People who love and care for their dogs don't breed for something to do or TO MAKE SOME CASH .

I'd call them idiots
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 01:27 PM
when they dont health test
when they breed continual litters from the same bitch
when the dam and sire are bred from regardless of faults/temperament
when they breed for money only

and Im sure I'll think of more..........
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 01:31 PM
what about as laura says those who have huge kennels and use breeding dogs as their source of income? if they do health tests and everything, are they peddlers? IMO they are, cos they are seeing them as a source of money still. others may disagree
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2005, 01:42 PM
I dont know a thing about breeding, But i think your all spot on people who breed dogs for money should never call themselves breeders, Lets face it if there were no breeders out there we would not have the wonderful dogs we have today so i am grateful to the genuine breeders who take pride and care in breeding happy healthy dogs.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 01:42 PM
so even if they have used great dogs(temp and type wise) what have been health tested and the breeder cares for his pups and gives life long advise and always takes dogs back if need be?
no i not think that is a peddlers. a peddler is 1 that does not care for his bitch or her pups only the money, that will breed time and time again off the same bitch with out given her a rest and wants nothing to do with the pups after they are sold. i dont think there is anything wrong with using breeding to make aliving as long as you do every thing right from the start and you love your dogs. and you know when to stop.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 01:44 PM
I do agree and disagree with you Jen .i live near a well run kennel the lady own burmese mountian dogs I think !!! she is in her 60's now and has done so much for the breed and runs a very ship shape kennel.....I have been known to pass the kennel at 11.30 at night and the lights are on as she is cleaning out and grooming etc....she works very hard and has devoted her life to her dogs ( I have heard )
although I don't think she breeds these days I would imagine any money she has ever had has gone back into the kennels and her dogs
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by nichola
breeders who take pride and care in breeding happy healthy dogs.
so you are saying that if i for example was breeding for the money that i would not love my dogs? you can do doth, just because you make money off your bitch does not mean that you dont love her.

(just to add i dont breed for the money as anything i do make goes stright back to the dogs)
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 01:49 PM
I never make any money either !!! we have small litters and high vet bills (cos we do things right )

infact my last litter of 3 cost me money........3 pups ..big vet bill..big feeding bill ....huge stud fee....
why did i do it..................her name is INDIA
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
infact my last litter of 3 cost me money........3 pups ..big vet bill..big feeding bill ....huge stud fee....
why did i do it..................her name is INDIA
i tell you what an ex friend of mine was a puppy peddler she bred her bitch every season from th second 1 on words until she was 5 (thats 8 litters) and the bitch always had large litters (9) and she spent half what i did on my last litter (6) on the food bill, thats before feeding the bitch (that was always sad looking).
and the funny thing is she never made any money off them pups they were not kc reg and she only sold them for 50pounds each but she thought she was making money until i pointed out to her about the food ect ect ........ and then she finally stoped.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 01:57 PM
wot about the ones who do everything right, health tests, care about where the pups go to. But when the bitch is too old to be bred from they rehome it??
Doesnt that go against the purpose of having dogs as pets? When a breeder does this they are in it for the money. Breeders are not only responsible for the lives of the puppies, but i think they have a duty to offer the bitch a home until she dies, in their possession and not someone elses
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >