Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
blooboy
New Member!
Male 

28-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
Hi, Sounds like Zeta has you well trained, lol. Irish stew instead of dog food, hard choice

I may be wrong in the food department but i remember reading that a dog WILL NOT starve themselves and it may take 3 or 4 days before they eat what you offer but they will eat! I had a dog (i think most people have) that got accustomed to having chicken and rice or eggs etc because he was ill, when i put him back on dog food, you would think i had done the cruellest thing possible. It did take 4 days but eventually he did eat when he realised i wasn't giving in.

However, i hasten to add if there is other symptoms then i would always check with a vet - as has been advised, i believe.

Hope all goes well and Zeta is recovered soon.

Hi and thank you for the reply k9xxb, I think you have hit the nail on the head. Wife says she has copped on to Zeta's antics, so tonight she was turfed out while we had our meal. (door had to be locked) When Zeta seen we were finished our meal and there was nothing left for her, she started eating hers, not all of it but most of it.
I would say she also has the hormone thingie as well, but our biggest fear was that she had an obstruction, so hopefully she will settle down again.
A big thank you to all for your concern and advice from my wife and I, and we'll keep you posted, Dee.
blooboy
New Member!
Male 

08-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi all, just a wee note to let you know that Zeta seems to be coming back to normal, if you could call these dogs normal, more like mental. Anyway, she has started eating again, albeit not as much as before, also she doesn't mother her wee toy as before. We are relieved at this progress, our main fear subsided, and hope her current behaviour will continue. We would like to thank all who helped us on Dogsey, with their experience and opinions, and we will continue scanning the forum, possibly posting now and again, so a big thank you to the patrons of Dogsey from my wife and I, and best wishes for the future, Dee.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi Dee good to hear things are improving, don't forget now, go easy on the treats .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2