View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2014, 07:29 AM

The emergency service speaker/amplifier and call button were changed yesterday but the thing beeped again during the night and disturbed Da Booga and me, and has done it again twice this morning so they are sending out a techie again. Not sure what they can do here as it they are calling me, I am not calling them, and I do not wear the button as a watch or a pendant but have it always close to hand, so nothing is touching it to press the button.

I do not mind being woken by Da Booga as if she needs to pee she needs to pee, and she comes straight back in afterwards, but being woken by a loud Beep Beep Beep is really not my idea of fun. It is a good service though and ~£11.50 a month is worth it for peace of mind. Also it only costs ~£5.75 for a doctor to come out so I cannot complain about the service, just about the thing beeping at me and waking us both up.

Been up to my elbows in turkey necks so far this morning as Mikhaël dropped 5 kilos off yesterday evening, each neck having been cut in half so a load to individually pack and get in the freezer. When they are done and packed away I will have to do the chicken backs. Oh joy - more up to my elbows in raw poultry with Da Booga sitting watching me, hoping I might drop something!

Coffee and ketchup time now - I hope I have not missed something important and that all poorlies are feeling much better today, and to everyone

mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Morning, everyone. I'm totally tired but not sleepy. I think? Is that even possible? I had to write something last night and my father had a bad day yesterday (gout attacked him badly, was mostly bedridden) and was ordering me around being a pain in the *ahem*

Turns out I can't see well enough to pass a driver's test (only did the prelim tests on the permit thingy) without getting new stronger glasses. My long distance vision isn't good enough at all. Gonna be expensive.

Also got into a "minor" (what I call minor) fistfight with one of my brother's obnoxious friends yesterday. He took something off our porch and would not give it back when I demanded it.

When I got in his face about it, he "sucker" punched me. Thankfully, I only ate one punch, and was not that bad, but jaw a bit sore (hand very sore, had to ice all evening and still hurts). He won't be back for quite some time.

I was able to teach him a hard lesson on stealing (and how not to hit someone far bigger and stronger than you, regardless of their gender)... at the price of my knuckles and jaw...

Not a good day yesterday at all , hoping today will be better. I hope everyone is doing well and has an awesome day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Morning Jenny, Nippy Jen, Helena, Mandy, Em, Bev, Malka, and Myra.

My so many posts already and most of you bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Jenny glad the meal went well last night. I hope you manage to get to visit mum today and her find her chirpy. Safe journey.
Nippy Jen food shopping is indeed boring clothes shopping or something nice is better but these days I finding that a trial too.
Helena glad you managed to get a nice lie-in. I hope the rain stops soon so you and Zena can get out for your walk.
Mandy good to hear you are feeling so much better.
Morning Em have a nice day.
Bev good to read how much better you are feeling too. See you needed that rest we kept nagging you too take. Have a nice walk but don't over do it.
Malka these alarms are good till they go wrong like everything else really. I hope it stops disturbing you.
Myra odh dear fisticuffs I hope the ice works.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Hahaha scales are already top of the list Helena, put there by Brian!
Hello Mandy and Emma
Bev, glad you are feeling better, wish we had your sunshine The only upside of shopping day is that we usually get a take way lunch on the way home
Morning Malka and Myra
Hope you and everyone who follows has a good day.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Nippy someone has pinched my sun now and its looking very overcast. Perhaps I won't be sitting in the garden today.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 08:20 AM
It's another sleepy good morning from me.

I hope Dillon will be okay Lynn and that you don't have to wait long for your BT box.

Your meal sounds lovely Jenny. I looked it up (the pub) and was surprised the food wasn't more expensive. I hope you have a good visit with your mum.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better Mandy.

Oh dear Myra, I hope your jaw and hand stop hurting soon. I had to look up 'sucker punch' - what a horrible thing to do to you.

Another bad night last night. Loki has had ten fits; I hope they stop soon. His jaw control wasn't good last night and he accidentally bit me when I offered him some food. I should have known better really, it's always like this after so many fits. It feels like my thumb joint has been in a vice!

I have to pick up some Communion shoes from BHS but I also need to stay in for an Amazon order - it's a present for my step MIL so I want to be here to get it and send it in time for her birthday.

It was amazing watching the duckling hatch on the webcam - there aren't any more yet but I keep watching.

It's rainy here but very mild.

Have a great day everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Yaaay Bev maybe it's on it's way to me!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Morning Linda sorry to hear Loki is still suffering and you having to watch him. I hope the fits stop soon.

Well would you Adam and Eve it popped into the garden because Dillon had been sick to clear it up and the ruddy parcel arrived there was a card through the door. I now have to pop up to the Upwell post office at least its not the main one in the town.
Dillon has been being very sill re: the mats in the conservatory sometime they slip slightly so he has now decided he is frightened to come in if one slightly slips under his paw as he steps on it. I have been putting the anti slip bits we had under them and altering them round and ended up cleaning the conservatory and moving things around a bit.
We now have the spare office chair by one side of the patio door instead of pushed up the end covered in rubbish and a deck chair type thingy the other side. Need a coffee now.
Nippy Jen Brian has priorities right.

Oh and its raining and Dillon decided to lie out there in it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Linda - so sorry to hear that Loki has still been clustering - does he time to recover a bit between each GM? They do not mean it if they bite, do they, as they just do not know what they are doing. What do you use as a cluster-buster?

I do hope he gets over this episode pdq. (((hugs))) xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys - oh dear Lynn; I hope Dillon will be okay and I really hope I don't miss my parcel too!

He does recover between the fits but the more he has, the longer it takes but it's still better than when he was just on KBr. We used to use rectal diazepam and tried Keppra but neither were particularly great and caused sort of manic behaviour as well as the post-ictal behaviour.
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »