View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I saw some of it, when she was stopping the yappy yorkies from yapping all the time. It seemed to work for them but I'd like to see her have a real challenge and get her to stop my JRT when he gets a bee in his bonnet.
We have tried doing so many things from ignoring (makes no difference he barks more and more) To doing what she done and rewarding when quiet but as soon as he has eaten the treat he starts up for more, and this actually made him worse. Shutting him out the room but he continues at the door. Teaching him to bark on command but he just refused to stop once you got him barking
Short of chopping off his head I am at a loss what else to do.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 11:08 AM
I enjoyed the programme
Looking forward to some of the others shown in the preview too

Wys
x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 11:51 AM
I liked the fact that it highlighted the growing problem with dog napping and advised ways to try and prevent it. It amazes me how some dog owners don't even realise that dog theft does happen.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2007, 12:16 PM
I really enjoyed it. We do the "thank you" when the door bell goes with Poppy, we no longer need the treats, just the words now after 2 barks, but we have found it can be a more barks if we seem to rush to the door, so it's slow moves to the door and hope the caller is still there!

The distraction toy was good, we use that when Poppy fails recall, we just say "Ohhh what's this?" and point and nothing on the floor, then she's straight over to see what it is!

Looking forward to next week's programme now.
tiffanie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Only just seen this thread!

Doeas anyone know if it's repeated?

Thanks.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Blow I was at a meeting last night, did anybody see it. Is it worth my making a note to try & remember next week?
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2007, 02:31 PM
It was a tad lame to be honest. Looking at Bruce Forsyth's daughter's dogs that were kidnapped and came back with a few behavioural issues.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2007, 02:40 PM
What, two dogs Victoria Stillwell DIDN'T want to put to sleep ...perhaps she should have had that caring attitude when she was dealing with poor Benji the black Cocker Spaniel on last years programme ...sorry but I couldn't watch another one of her programmes after that....

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=46067
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
It was a tad lame to be honest. Looking at Bruce Forsyth's daughter's dogs that were kidnapped and came back with a few behavioural issues.
I watched it and thought it was good. She emphasised the fact that the owner was not helping matters by being too sympathetic with the dogs. Now that GSDLover has mentioned it , I too wonder if some of it could be a bit far fetched. I mean would the dogs really have been that bad in the house and street after being kidnapped from the car ? Or were they bad before and have just become worse after the event ?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2