Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Ailsa,
There are two more pics just added to the "Dog's Photos" section.
libby
New Member!
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:36 PM
just a small suggestion. Have you tried putting anything she has soiled or any clothes you have mopped up her pee with in the garden? I did this with mine and just left the stuff out there and eventually she got the message. Good luck
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Ailsa,
There are two more pics just added to the "Dog's Photos" section.
I can't find them but then I'm pooped so could be I'm just not functioning properly!!!!

I just had a though after reading Libby's post. When we get the new pups, we don't clean up their spending area very often for the first couple of weeks, we never wash it down, so they get used to the smell and we always leave a couple of poos in there...yuk. It is disgusting:smt078 :smt078 :smt078 but does seem to help?!!!!
At least she went in the right place at the vets, which is quite encouraging as would that have been where she went when she was staying there????
Ailsa xxxxxxx
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 10:05 PM
I haven't cleaned the doggy toilet area yet. When I mopped up pee with a bit of newspaper I left it out where I wanted her to go..... She still ain't bothered, lol.

Yes, where she went today was where she used when staying there, but was also messy in her cage according to one of the vets.

She went in today all waggy tailed and delighted to she all the staff. She is the only dog I've ever seen that is SO happy to go to the vets.

The photos were posted under "Sun Worshipper" Ailsa.
libby
New Member!
Female 

16-09-2006, 06:40 AM
I just had another thought but i dont know if it would be helpful or you may have already done it. What about freshly digging some earth in the garden for her, so she doesnt have to spend too much time trying to dig to cover her mess up? And maybe putting the next soiled accident she has on top, so she will smell that, and maybe then try to cover it up, and realise the earth is nice and soft. May work for you? I tried everything with my two as pups as the laminate by the back door started to swell and rise!!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi Libby & welcome to the forum. (I'm a newbie here myself!)

She doesn't dig around or try to cover it up. I've never seen any dog in my care do that. Perhaps that's a younger pup thing she is the youngest I've had at 6 mths. So I don't imagine diggin would make a difference.
I couldn't anyway even if it would, I have a gravel covered garden.
Thanks anyway for your reply! :smt002
libby
New Member!
Female 

17-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Hi back, nice to meet you? I dont claim to be experienced or anything. I have only had two dogs here as pups. Mine and my partners for three months who now lives with him. At the possibility of another daft suggestion from my side could she have sensative paws and just finds the gravel uncomfortable? Maybe, she is just young like you say. What kind of dog is she?
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Hi Libby,

Willow is a whippet X aged 6 mths. She has a broken leg, so perhaps she is finding the gravel uncomfortable to walk on. Though I do feel the issue is that she is nervous to toilet infront of me. Having said that, since having another dog staying with us this weekend she has happily toileted in the garden. The "proof of the pudding" will be when we take our visitor on a walk later and Willow has to be left behind on her own.
libby
New Member!
Female 

18-09-2006, 06:34 AM
hi evie, she sounds lovely, i like whippets. I didnt realise that she has broken her leg, bless her! That's fantastic, about the other k9 visitor being a good influence. Let us know how it goes when the visitor goes home?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2