Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Benji is usually quite good and will sit and wait while I get his food ready
Kira can act like she is insane while I get her food ready often she will jump about knocking stuff over and knocking the magnets off the fridge ,she yipps and yapps and somtimes trys to howl but she is starting to calm down a little bit and now she sits and stays when I put her food down and waits till I tell her to get it
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Mine sit and wait while I'm preparing it both watching my every move but Bosun fidgets impatiently making these groany/whiney noises I'm sure he's telling me to hurry up!!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Luna follows me around from the moment I take her bowl. From her eating spot to the kitchenweight, to the foodbin, back to the kitchenweight and then out to her eating spot.

Bella on the other hand.... Let me just say boucning about is NOT a staffy thing. Bella the gsd does it too.

And will try starting to eat behind my back, EVEN though she knows that's a BIG no no.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 12:53 PM
my staffy babes run and fight wiv each other when they see me getting their bowls out, pops starts growling cos shes a n old grumpy and daisy does her anorexic i dont want any food stance!!buds is the greedy pig he ate all the girls food every day whilst i was in hospital
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 01:11 PM
rofl Sal
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Lucy goes all superglued to my legs. Follows me everywhere and she'll wait till I tell her she can eat.

Penny goes all excited and stands there, with her tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth, looking a right silly moo. She also does the jumping thing but not sooooooooooooo much.

Tamino though goes boing-boing-boing all the time Literally like this :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 , and then if hes reallllllllly excited he will bark when he reaches the highest point of his jump But when I finally go to put his bowl down he lays down. As I never used the "sit" before meals for him, only used the "down".

Another strange thing is that if Tamino tries to steal from Penny she'll growl but won't stop him. Or rather he just bulls in

If he tries to steal from ickle Lucy though :smt027 ( shes a whole 9 kilos lighter than him ) she usually ends up doing this to him :smt021

Penny and Lucy can be a wee bit volitile in the dinner area around each other, so Penny is fed outside in the hall (on a raised step) and Lucy in the kitchen. Otherwise if Penny goes too near Lucy its :smt062

Do you think its evident Lucy is alpha
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 01:54 PM
My 3 get really excited when they know its meal time. They usually get fed outside, so they all just run to the back door pushing and shoving, scared incase one gets out before the other.
Its funny how they know the difference between going out and getting fed, or just going out for a wee. Toesy's really funny any other time during the day if I open the back door he just jumps down the step, but if it's meal time he literally leaps off the step, and I mean leap

Now let me ask what your dogs do while you or the kids are eating.
Well mine know they are not allowed round the table when the kids are eating, I usually put them in the cage, but if I'm eating, usually in front of the TV or computer. they no, but they try to sneak in. I just say OUT or go in your bed, and off they go. But they must be listening to every sound, because as soon as they hear me put my plate down, they know I've finnished and they come running in. It doesn't seem to matter how quietly I put it down they know (when I say down, I don't mean down for them to lick, I mean down on the side) So I don't know why they come running so fast cos they don't get anything

Mitch
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 01:59 PM
I try and keep them out of the dining room when we're eating, but because my downstairs is open plan, it can be a bit of a problem. Usually they sneak up and give that 'look, I'm starved and haven't eaten for days' look Then I get the 'I hate you' stare when they're told to go out.

The minute they hear the dishwasher door open, it's like a stampede to see if there's anything left for them
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Well different approaches here Sal toally ignores food preparation - totally. But Tess used to be superglued to the floor about 3ft from the cooker (its normaly cooked) but has learnt while its cooking its pointess so goes around with her normal business

When its in the bowl different story Tess fidgets impatientloy and makes whinnin/moaning noises which I interpert as "come on starving dog here"
But as soon as its ready to go down (ie I've added the biscuit) thats a sign for Sal to come to life and she sits right by you side until its down Tess does the same, yet neither move till the bowls are on the floor, and thinking about it I must say "go on then" the its gone in seconds. Never thought about that before.
While we are eating the dogs carry on as normal unless its a takeaway curry because both adore popadom and we have obviously made a rod because each think they should have pomadom and sit by you. But only for pomadoms .Otheriwse they just ignore you eating.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2004, 05:00 PM
lol mine also love poppadoms and any kind of takeaways!!they get soo excited when we have one delivered, i always save them a bit
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >