View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2016, 01:58 PM
griff do hope the doctor can help with your back.
Thank you brenda the roads weren't to bad hoping it will not be any foggier tonight when picking him up.
He arrived in London by 1.30 and had found the place where he will do his interview so he is now killing time.
He said it's warmer than Norfolk but very foggy there can't see foggy.

All housework done Dillon brushed taking a breather then in the shower.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2016, 02:30 PM
MY internet was down most of the morning, kept coming on then disappearing.
Was going on the bone run and then seeing my friend who has liver cancer......started ringing her at 10am, still no reply by 12 noon, had to get off for the bones and drove past the house, no car there and no sign of life, thinking the worst by now I resolved to ring later on in the evening.
Got home and 3 missed calls from her on my phone. Daughter had taken her to the hospital for a scan, other daughter had used her car to go to work, but of course as I never even knew she was going for a scan and she knew I was coming over today and never told me, then I was obviously concerned. By then I was home, was very apologetic to her, but I am actually quite cross, all it needed was for me to know there was a scan today and I would have knocked on the door when I passed, instead I've spent half the flaming day worrying myself for nothing.
Glad to hear Mark has arrived safely and really hoping this interview goes well and he is employed by decent people by way of a change.
Barry, maybe if we get ourselves out of the fiasco of Europe that started of masquerading as a Common Market, we may well start manufacturing items ourselves,stranger things have happened
Griff, hoping the nurse can help you, have you considered acupuncture if the meds are having no effect
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Just found another leaking radiator. Not happy. Have a good rest of day folks.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 03:34 PM
oh no Brenda, are they big leaks or little ones? you can buy some stuff that you chuck in the water system and it stops leaks apparently
TW, oh gosh...i would have worried myself daft too! hmmm not sure about accupuncture, would need to ask my consultant and i am dodging him at the moment Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Don't know Griff will have to ask plumber when he gets back to me this evening. Just a pain in the butt really. Wonder what the third thing will be? Hope you are feeling better? Off to watch tenable on CH.33
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Its complementary therapy Griff, so doesn't interfere with the meds or anything
My friend with the puppies has taken her grandson to see the Coca Cola truck thats visiting their town tonight and she says its packed. One of her son's babysitting them for her while she gets out amongst the human race for the first time in days
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Not looking forward to the 1/2 journey to Ely in the fog and on our windy roads especially tonight in the dark and it's meant to be foggy again this evening
I hope to see a post from you this evening sometime Lynn. It would take a lot to get me out after dark, in fog, on the roads where we both live. A lot of folk don't appreciate just how narrow and bendy they can be, bit like rural Scotland but with a lot more cars

ETA:-
Also, of course, hope that his interview went well, that will be stage 2 in the 'plan' as discussed a while back
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
we had the British Mini designed by Alec Issigonis. It was badged as the Morris Mini Minor and as the Austin Seven. A British icon of the sixties.
My first car was a green Mini 850, I loved it so much I persuaded my Dad to lend me some money to buy a Cooper S 1275, it was red with a black roof, I thought I was the bees knees picked up two speeding tickets in the first year, I was down in Devon when I was stopped again, three would have meant a ban, but the Policeman choose to give me a lecture on safe driving and made me promise to enrol on an Institure of Advanced Driving course (Which I did) taught me a lot and probably saved me from a fatal car crash

The IAD course cost me £20 which was a lot of money in those days, but looking back it was likely the best £20 I ever spent
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2016, 05:51 PM
brenda sorry to hear another leaky radiator. Hope they can be fixed satisfactorily Friday.
griff how did the doctors go ? Sorry if I missed the conclusion earlier.
What a worry that was June re: your friend. Glad she is ok after all the worry on your side.

Mark sent me a message it was a long interview and he got in touch around 5 so not expecting him to get back in touch till around 7.30 or 8.00 depending how long it takes him to get to the station and if the train is in and waiting.
Harvey hoping for a good journey but it is looking rather foggy again. Will be glad when we're back and in the warm.
If he gets this job he will be looking for a room to rent Harlow way or a bit nearer to London while he saves a deposit and gets his 3 wage slips required by landlords so they can get a flat. Lauren will be contributing to so hopefully not to long to lodge.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 06:46 PM
TW, it isn't anything to do with the meds...it is incase it stimulates my bodies immune response plus the risk of infection. There was outrage here that the coca cola truck wasn't coming...i just walk past the damn thing
Brenda, i hope your leaks are cheap and easy to fix
Fingers crossed for Mark Lynn
Harvey, my dad has me in hysterics talking about his own cars...when he starts on about his 1st capri we all know whats coming.......daytona yellow with a black vinyl roof Lol and it had the foot pump washers Lol
Saw the nurse at the surgery...we spent most of the time talking about dogs Lol......she has said that if i am unhappy i need to speak to my consultant, i am a bit bothered as my blood results were a bit off, i have got pain in my joints and i have had a few things going on that happened before...i guess i will see if the pain goes, if not i will need to make a call
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >