Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Co-codamol

I'm taking those just now 30/500 tablets. The're paracetemol 500mg and Codene phosphate 30mg.
I take these for my back pain - they're wonderful

Hope the pain eases soon Colin {hug}
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Co-codamol and Ibuprofen I always used to take for really bad period pains as they can be taken together and regular painkillers didn't touch it, these tend to work better as they are stronger but not sure what they contain off the top of my head sorry. I think Co-codamol needs to be prescribed also but not sure.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Sounds like some excellent suggetions for pain relief.hope it eases soon and you feel better.xx
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Hope the pain eases soon. I can remember how sore it is from childhood.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I would suggest Paracetamol and Codene. Ask your pharmacist first though. Warning though they can knock you out. I've been on them for a bad neck and within half an hour i'm doped out. Wouldn't take them for driving but everyone's different. Big sympathies
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions to get rid of this pain. Luckily 4 Neurofen have made it a bit better.

Fingers crossed I should be back to normal tomorrow.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't think you can get codeine over the counter - can you?????? My mum's is on prescription The Paramol I have suggested actually contains codeine though and that's probably why they work better than a lot of others do.

Glad the Nurofen have worked for you Colin, hopefully it might all settle down for you now.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2007, 06:09 PM
I believe codeine as mixed with paracetamol is available over the counter from a pharmacy only.

Codeine phosphate however is serious stuff and is a controlled drug so prescription only. As carers we can't touch it unless in special circumstances.

Never buy brand name Neurofen, just ask for Ibruprofen, much much cheaper.... and remember that all painkillers cause constipation, so make sure you drink plenty and eat plenty of fibre.

My OH often gets prescribed painkillers for sciatica, and as soon as he's on them I get to take some lactulose syrup every day to help things tickalong nicely. Better that than some serious senna later! But don't tell him I told you this lol.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I believe codeine as mixed with paracetamol is available over the counter from a pharmacy only.
your right becky but a lower dose

30-500 on prescription only ..best painkiller you can get i had these for a dental operation they did the trick your doc can prescribe you 100 for the price of a script
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Paramol contains Dihydrocodeine and paracetamol, so that's a good place to start then!

Becky, you have scared me to death saying "as carers we can't touch it unless in special circumstances"!!!!! I am handling my mum's all the time when dishing out her tablets, and they're very, very tiny Codeine Phosphates 30 mg Should I be wearing gloves?????!!! Heeeelp!!!!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >