Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Any word H? Hope he is ok.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi Helena, Just caught this, sorry been a bit distracted today. Any news? Don't forget that we're all here for you. Keeping eveything crossed for Georgie XX
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Just caught this too? Hope everything is OK. Any news?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2007, 08:23 PM
How is Georgie? Ok I hope.
Leaflet given to us from Ollie's breeder says to watch for pacing difficulties laying down or getting comfortable,looking at their side.Hard stomach.
Do hope he is ok.xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Helen Just caught up with this . Any word. So sorry , Hope Georgie is okay. Thinking of you both and sending healing vibes and comforting cuddles. Eunice
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh Helena, I do hope Georgie is OK.

When Alfie had bloat he was gagging and trying to be sick, he actually did pass some frothy slimey stuff a couple of times and he didn't actually swell until he was in the vets surgery (within 15 minutes of me finding him like it). He had eaten as normal the night before and showed no symptoms prior to this. He also seemed a bit anxious, as if he knew something was wrong but wasn't sure what, he wasn't laying down calmly and his eyes seemed to be staring at times.

Fortunately, he was operated on before the stomach twisted, he had his stomach stitched to the sides and, thank god, seems to have made a full recovery so, if it is bloat there is always a chance they will pull through.

Fingers crossed it is nothing as serious as that.

Sheree x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Just got back. My emergency vet is at a proper RCVS hospital so he's in the best possible hands!! Thaks evewrbody for your su7pp0ort. I knew I had to do something coz he just wasn't right if youknow what I mean. Sorry can't type I'm shaking!

Well, she did x-rays and no sign of bloat thank god. She did suspect it though, even though he wasn't frotthing at the mouth, he was very distressed by the time we got him there, I wsent straight there after Vicki's post whatevedr time that was. Anyway, she did bloods too, and it just came back. One of the tests went off the scale the machine couldn't read it, but I can't remember which one. It's his liver. She said it's either something his liver is trying to deal with, his temperature is 40.62!!!!! OR, it's the liver itself! He has spent his life on steroid jabs prior to me getting him two years ago, so that hasn't helped it's case. Anyways, they've kept him in, I'm a nervous wreck, I miss him so already, and he's not good, she says he's packing around out the back and that's just not Georgie, he's sooo laid back normally. They will do a liver scan in the morning and phone me around 10 o'clock, BUT, if anything happens overnight she will ring me immediately. God I'm glad they've kept him in, I just couldn't have coped with him like that and unable to do anything for him, so that's a relief in itself.

I'm going to have a nice cuppa now and change into my jim jams and cuddle Cassie, coz she can't understand why we haven't come back with her lover boy. Poor little man, he's not well, but being in such a brilliant place I just know they'll do everything for my boy.

Thanks everyone, you're always there when I need you so much!!! Night all and thanks again.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. He never tried to be sick or anything like that, he was just lethargic and not interested in food and reluctant to move. I don't know why I thought of bloat, but I just did!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh H poor Georgie and poor you. Those hugs are back on constant again mate...these dogs of ours have now taken to being a worry together huh? Huge hugs for Georgie and you H...please keep us posted.
Hugs...massive ones...lots of them right at you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2007, 08:53 PM
You did the right thing honey. Georgie's in the best place. Update us all tomorrow xox big hugs for Georgie and Cassie xoxox
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Thinking of you,
Hope you get some positive news in the morning xx
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »